1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2023 NFL offseason thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Michael_ Gee, Feb 13, 2023.

1. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I get that, but it isn't the only reason.

2. matt_garth

matt_garth Well-Known Member

3. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

Wow. Just wow.

I’m not shocked he got traded (well maybe a little) but the Cowboys? Did not see that.

4. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

as a Tennessee Titans fan, this fiasco scares me, because the Tennessee GM was hired in large part because of his Trey Lance pick.
    Just one of the many reasons I have yet to be impressed by Ran Carthon.

5. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

The Cowboys make ZERO sense. Zero.

6. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

The Cowboys love to make a splash....as opposed to actually winning playoff games. Is Dez Bryant still available?? What other shiny thing is out there?

I'm disappointed that Lance didn't work out, I personally did not give up on him yet, its only 2 seasons in. Yet I see its not like he could be Trevor Lawrence and take losses, Niners are in win now mode.

Niners hit the lottery with Purdy so it evens out or is potentially even better. Having watched Purdy in '22, that was not some fluky thing. It wasn't like he was Tebow heaving an 80 yd pass to beat the Steelers (sorry OOP) and that's it. Purdy can run the Shanahan offense with conviction which is what the Niners want more than anything.

Now let's get Bosa into the building (maybe they needed this cap relief to finalize).

Spartan Squad likes this.
  7. Spartan Squad

I’d love to be a fly in the building or at Bosa’s house and know what the hang up is. It really is odd they haven’t gotten this done yet.

8. outofplace

That might answer one of my questions about the trade. I was wondering why the 49ers were in such a rush to move him. I thought it would make more sense to keep him around at least another year. If any team should know the value of a third-string quarterback, it should be the 49ers.

I don't love the deal for either team.

9. outofplace

I just want it to last until Sept. 11. (Sorry, not sorry qtlaw.)

qtlaw likes this.
  10. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

I don’t think you get a better pick a year from now. Then he’s coming in with one year left on his contract. At least doing it now you’d get a year in the system and practice

sgreenwell likes this.
  11. Spartan Squad

Bosa on Sept. 10

[​IMG]

12. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

I'm kind of surprised they even got a mid-round pick for him. He was hurt all of last year, and this year, he got beat in training camp by Sam Darnold, who's comparable players on F-R.com is a "who's who" of first rounders who only got a long leash because they were first rounders. (Mark Sanchez, Joey Harrington, Kyle Buller.) A fourth round pick seems pretty good for the 49ers, since I thought he'd be moved for like a 7th just to get the cap off their books.

Draft saved Draft deleted