1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The exact moment that Jason Whitlock stopped mattering

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Thrilla_in_Vanilla, Sep 24, 2020.

1. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

the cover rarely eclipses the original

BitterYoungMatador2 likes this.
  2. OscarMadison

OscarMadison Well-Known Member

Seems like no one comes to Nashville to find their better selves.

Jason: Go to Bolton's and get some lunch, buy lunch for some lost soul wandering around talking to Elvis, and just sit and listen. Humanity is pretty awesome. Don't buy into the lies the fear-driven Right is selling. You're better than that. Backfield In Motion is a short walk away. Big Brothers/Big Sisters of Middle Tennessee is twenty to thirty minutes west on Charlotte from Bolton's in decent traffic. You want a "God is in this Chili's" moment? You have the means and time to go to Memphis. It's two hours and change west of here and it will feed and clean your soul if that's what you're looking for. Start here.

3. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

4. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

This line is going to haunt me in six weeks when DeAndre Hopkins is posting 2-17-0 games on the regular.

OscarMadison likes this.
  5. LanceyHoward

LanceyHoward Well-Known Member

I find it very depressing that we have a thread about Jim Murray dying 25 years ago and what Jason Whitlock has to say today. In a quarter century commentary has sunk from the Murray level to Whitlock discussing the possibility that a married ex-president with two daughters is gay.

SFIND, Liut and OscarMadison like this.
  6. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

I can’t believe that Royce Young was available.

7. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Whitlock will be hosting a new show on The Blaze with Warren Sapp and Brett Favre.

No word if Farve will be paid for not showing up like how he pocketed that that money from a charity.

8. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

A preview. (NSFW)

9. LanceyHoward

LanceyHoward Well-Known Member

My younger son decided at age four that Muggsy Bogues was his favorite basketball player and for unknown reasons (I am from Denver and support the Broncos and my wife is from Mexico and supports the Steelers. He has never been to to Wisconsin.) that the Packers were his favorite team. I spent a lot of money on Packer apparel.

He recently remarked that he finds it disappointing to find out that his Packer idols are tinmen. Farve is a fraud and Rodgers an anti-vax loon. I hope for his sake that Bouges stays out of the news.

Last edited: Aug 26, 2023
  10. OscarMadison

OscarMadison Well-Known Member

I hope so, too. My nephew hung up my painting of Bobby Orr while I was in the hospital. I was thisclose to burning it. Still am.

wicked likes this.
  11. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Great idea for a thread.

12. FileNotFound

FileNotFound Well-Known Member

Let’s do this.

Anti-heroes

OscarMadison likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted