1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

College football Week 0 thread: Son of a son of a sailor

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by dixiehack, Aug 20, 2023.

1. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

I don't know if it's because of the construction putting it in a bad spot, but the camera angle on Hawaii-Vanderbilt makes it look like the field is sloped about 30 degrees. It's amazing Hawaii was able to score a touchdown since they're running uphill in the first quarter

2. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Ohio with that sick feeling where you have a favorite on the ropes intro he second half but make just enough miscues that you don’t actually take the lead. SDSU about to land the knockout punch.

3. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

Having the best QB in your conference to start the season and watching his surgically-repaired knee get re-injured in the first quarter of the first game:

[​IMG]

4. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

5. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

Brady Hoke’s head is full of oatmeal. He’s lucky he didn’t end up coughing up that lead.

6. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

I am not emotionally prepared for Roman Harper, the best defensive back of the Mike Shula era, to have gray hair and a silver beard.

Chef2 likes this.
  7. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

San Jose State +31 was looking great for three quarters. They were hanging in there, scored to cut it to 35-21 late in the third ... and since then it's all fallen apart. USC returned the kickoff for a TD, tacked on two more touchdowns on its next two possessions, and is up 56-21 with six minutes to go. That escalated quickly.

8. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Lincoln Riley is a whore.
    That’s all.

9. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

I feel like Hawaii/Vandy is being played in the middle of the big construction scene in The Departed.

10. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

The Pac-12 with one last moment of officiating glory, with a 10-minute review — challenged by both coaches, for two different issues — of an onside kick, in a 28-point game with about five minutes to go. And I'm pretty sure they still got it wrong.

tapintoamerica likes this.
  11. UPChip

UPChip Well-Known Member

Well, this evening, I learned (rather forcefully) that a paddle and an oar are not the same thing. I blame, myself, but also the large college football program in my state that waves them around for motivational purposes and refers to them as such.

12. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

It's Pac-12 officiating. Some things in life you have to take on faith, like Lake Tahoe being only 15 minutes away.

maumann and Batman like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted