1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2023 NFL offseason thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Michael_ Gee, Feb 13, 2023.

1. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

Chicago just released PJ Walker, which means that Tyson Bagent will be QB2 in Windy City. A good day for Division II football, as he was the '21 Harlon Hill Award winner (D-II Heisman) for Shepherd. Bagent holds the NCAA all-divisions record for career TD passes with 159.

2. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

The Cardinals have cut QB Colt McCoy.

I don't think I've ever seen an NFL team tank this hard and this obviously before the season has even started.

3. Justin_Rice

Justin_Rice Well-Known Member

They haven't yet hit me up for a Single Wing playbook, so I presume they plan to use a QB this year? .... ????

Liut likes this.
  4. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

Josh Dobbs or Clayton Tune.

Yeeeesh.

5. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

Not just Josh Dobbs, Josh Dobbs who got there Thursday

Liut, dixiehack and PCLoadLetter like this.
  6. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Jordan Ta'amu has seen his shadow on the waiver wire, which means the NFL season can now begin.
    The Vikings cut Ta'amu a week after signing him, thus clearing the way for him to light up either the XFL or USFL once again next spring.
    Ta'amu has been on the rosters of six NFL teams (including the Lions and Chiefs twice each) but has never appeared in a regular-season game. His last few stints with various teams have lasted 6, 8, 6 and 7 days.
    But he did lead the USFL in passing yards and touchdowns in 2022 and was the XFL Offensive Player of the Year in 2023. So he's got that going for him. He's had a fascinating career.

Liut likes this.
  7. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

8. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

9. BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo

BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo Well-Known Member

Hey it worked with the Titans last year!

10. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Nantz and Romo will do the season opener at, you guessed it, Gillette Stadium on Sept. 10. Pats-Eagles is a decent matchup, but of course it's for the Brady return ceremony.

11. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

Well, I don't know how interesting it will be, but anyway. Not an NFL QB.

12. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Not sure why Duggan will be interesting. He couldn't beat out Easton Stick (Herbert's back up) and Stick sucks.

Draft saved Draft deleted