1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The exact moment that Jason Whitlock stopped mattering

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Thrilla_in_Vanilla, Sep 24, 2020.

1. AD

AD Active Member

and, by the way, I'm no fan of Whitlock -- and i get that most of the previous is venting. but 59 pages on this guy? seems to be 'mattering' more than anyone wants to admit...

FileNotFound, 2muchcoffeeman and Liut like this.
  2. Liut

Liut Well-Known Member

+1

SixToe likes this.
  3. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

I mean, 75 percent of the posts have nothing to do with the topic, which in its own way is a tribute to Whitlock's entire oeuvre.

4. Liut

Liut Well-Known Member

I agree to a certain extent and bolded what made him successful (that and knowing when to shut up, which was the point).

5. Liut

Liut Well-Known Member

Point taken. Hope you have positive, pain-free day, CD.

6. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

From your lips to God's ears.

7. BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo

BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo Well-Known Member

I was on this thread when it was playing dumpy clubs and selling printouts of the thread out of the back of its trunk.

(I actually wasn't)

8. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

Charlie Rose always kept interrupting his guests. Annoying as hell.

Conan O'Brien does that, too. Annoying as hell. Shut up and listen!

justgladtobehere likes this.
  9. Liut

Liut Well-Known Member

As far as Rose is concerned, we must have been watching different people.

10. Patchen

Patchen Well-Known Member

1. I'm sure affirmative action has its issues, but I think AA was at least in part to get them in to the ocean. You can't learn to swim if you're not even allowed to try and that, I think, was the background of starting affirmative action programs.
    2. Whitlock was excellent on the NFL. Embarrassingly bad on baseball, which was a big thing in Kansas City, and average on other topics. He had his must-read moments and I would consider him an excellent columnist, but never close to the best sportswriter. Now he's a clown.

Liut likes this.
  11. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I think we all know that Whitlock will have hit rock bottom when he comes on here and posts to this thread. :eek:

HanSenSE and PaperDoll like this.
  12. Pilot

Pilot Well-Known Member

It’s an absolute guarantee he checks it daily.

Draft saved Draft deleted