1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The 2023 Running Baseball Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by 2muchcoffeeman, Mar 30, 2023.

1. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

" ... hiding it in the folds of her belly fat."

Tyson no doubt has a mathematical equation for that.

upload_2023-8-31_8-34-47.png

2. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

3. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Two weeks until the big Rays/Orioles four-gamer at OPACY. The Rays have a chance to sweep the Marlins and cut the lead to 1 today. In the interim...

Baltimore: 3 at Arizona, 3 at LAA, 3 at Boston, 3 vs. St. Louis
    Tampa: 3 at Cleveland, 3 vs. Boston, 4 vs. Seattle, 3 at Minnesota

Nod goes to the Orioles for the slightly easier schedule -- AZ/CLE is a wash, LAA easier than SEA, STL easier than MIN. I assume the teams will be within one or two games of each other when they meet.

FileNotFound likes this.
  4. UNCGrad

UNCGrad Well-Known Member

Cubs taking two of three from the Brewers and a day off today makes me a content baseball fan for another 24 hours. The Cubs are in good position (for now) in the Wild Card, but a slew of games against all the teams that matter coming up in the next two weeks. I'll be doing a lot of pacing and shouting at my phone.

5. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

Cubbies are a lot better than anyone really could have expected them to be.

UNCGrad likes this.
  6. UNCGrad

UNCGrad Well-Known Member

Absolutely. There were maddening through much of the first half, but it's ultimately been a fun season of chasing relevance that has enabled me to enjoy many of the players and their performances. It's always a great place to be following a team that might be on the rise again.

I'll edit to add that they could very well fall flat in these last 30 games; the offense has been up and down throughout the season, the starting pitching is hanging by a thread and the pen is overworked (by necessity). But there are relevant games in September, and I'm grateful for that.

7. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Rays are off. Series at Miami 2 games only.
    I hope we’re in a place where a split is good when the Rays come to town.

8. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

At this point, it's a long way down to get knocked out of a wild-card spot. I've seen the O's quoted at 95% and higher to reach the postseason.

And yes, you may quote me on that.

9. BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo

BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo Well-Known Member

Well, the Angels did the thing they wanted to do: Giolito, Lopez & Moore all claimed by the Guardians while Renfroe was claimed by the Reds (along with the Yankees' Harrison Bader). Randal Grichuk drew the black egg @Regan MacNeil and has to stay in Anaheim.

10. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Good catch. O's are 99.9 percent to reach the postseason. Rays are 99.7. It would take an utter collapse by either to miss out, but damn, I want that first-round bye and not have to deal with a three-game nailbiter with Houston, Texas or Seattle.

11. FileNotFound

FileNotFound Well-Known Member

Me too — after the last month of Rays issues, it’s nice to be able to just focus on the playoff race. Don’t wanna get eliminated in the WC? Easy, just win the division.

12. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

If you’d told me a two months ago Laureano, Calhoun, Giolito, Moore and Lopez would be on the Guardians….

Draft saved Draft deleted