1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The TV thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Versatile, Mar 28, 2013.

1. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

Hearing good things about Reservation Dogs. Anyone recommend?

OscarMadison likes this.
  2. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

In seaon 3....the raspy biker dude will he replaced by ChrisLong

3. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Enjoyed the first season. Haven’t watched more, but should.

Regan MacNeil and OscarMadison like this.
  4. OscarMadison

OscarMadison Well-Known Member

If you liked Letterkenny, you'll like Reservation Dogs. I enjoy both series. The latter is like someone read Kinsella and Sherman and ran it through a South Park filter. Not for the overly sensitive or anyone who clutches their pearls at the rough reality of the culture of poverty.

The White Room thing. I'm going to own it and admit I laughed out loud at Steve Martin's version of going there. Anyone who is an introvert at heart (many performers and that probably includes both Martin and his OMitB Id) know the torture of having to perform material that is, at best, bad if not downright demeaning.

As someone who attended drama school with an eye toward being a playwright and dramaturg, I get this. Acting classes could be fun but they could also be painful. A classmate went to the white room and was reduced to screaming "Fuck me! Fuck me! Fuck me!" over and over instead of the monologue from a Beth Henley play they were supposed to be presenting. So I laugh but at the same time, I feel a lot of sympathy.

I will also admit that there are very few people I would jump the fence for, but Jane Lynch is one of those people strictly on the basis of the characters she plays.

UNCGrad, Webster and Regan MacNeil like this.
  5. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

Can confirm.

OscarMadison likes this.
  6. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

7. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

He heard the same music from the phone call at the Venice boardwalk, so the fake guy was in Venice at the time of the call.

8. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Okay, thanks.

garrow likes this.
  9. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

Finished the second season of Hunters on Prime. And I assume it’s the final season the way it played out.

It’s well done. The time jumps got a bit cumbersome but they had to do it. Spoiler to say why if you haven’t seen either season and plan to watch.

The final episode has a ton of parallels to current events. Perhaps too much on the nose.

Anyway, I enjoyed it.

10. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

The "break-up" of Yellowstone bugs me. How does Paramount not have Costner locked up to at least complete the first five years? What a mess.

11. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

He's Costner. He never would have signed a five-year commitment in the first place, unless they gave him something insane like $100m a season. (He's already at like $25m or so.)

Neutral Corner likes this.
  12. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

Liut likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted