1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

RIP Jimmy Buffett

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by PCLoadLetter, Sep 2, 2023.

1. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

2. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

A friend's post elsewhere:

“I bought tequila today. Store employee said
    it was flying off the shelves, all b/c of Jimmy.”

HanSenSE likes this.
  3. Slacker

Why did Pusser kick his ass?

4. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

Because Buffett was trashed on tequila and jumped on the hood of his car.

Slacker likes this.
  5. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

He had just finished a recording session and celebrated with a round of golf. Jimmy got drunk and wound up standing on the hood of a car in his golf spikes. Passer was attending a convention and staying in the hotel. He saw it and put an end to it. Because it was Pusser’s car.

https://buffettworld.com/incidents/buford-pusser/

6. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

BTW, I bought Landsharks and grilled burgers with some friends tonight. His SXM channel played all night. We laughed and told stories about old concerts we’d attended together and before we met. (“You were at that Starplex show in Dallas!?! So was I!”) Somebody brought out a blender mounted on a weed eater engine, we made margaritas and pina coladas.

I am very tipsy now and just want to say thanks to all y’all for helping process today. And all the other days I have spent on here.

UNCGrad, garrow, maumann and 13 others like this.
  7. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

As fate would have it, my One Particular Harbor for the weekend is at the home of my very Baptist parents, who spent the evening surfing Facebook in between plays and grousing that people were publicly drinking margaritas tonight. Uh guys, what do you think I’ll be enjoying Come Monday?

8. Slacker

I would surely like to subscribe to your newsletter, sir. Thank you in advance.

garrow, Inky_Wretch and jr/shotglass like this.
  9. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

10. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

As much as I loved Buffett, went to his shows, bought his books, albums, then cassettes, then CDs (even the attempted Broadway show Don't Stop the Carnival ) but you couldn't pay me to drink Landshark Lager again after trying it once. Yeech.

11. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

Landshark isn’t bad. It’s not great, but I drink it. I almost bought a 12 pack Friday. Now I wish I had.

Cause of death has been released as some form of cancer that has a telltale sign of red splotchy skin in the face. A couple of years I noticed he had that and thought at the time “that’s strange.”

12. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Judging from all of the celebrity tributes - would have been nice if he was a Kennedy Center Honoree at some point. Can only imagine the line-up they would get who would want to be part of his tribute. Sang with everyone from Sinatra to Kermit the Frog.

TigerVols likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted