1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Octave

Octave Well-Known Member

Jesus_Muscatel and Mr._Graybeard like this.
  2. Octave

Octave Well-Known Member

Like maybe that Jan. 6 philharmonic choir can hold a vigil for Joe Biggs. The man needs some fried BBQ in the big house, can we at least get him that?

HanSenSE likes this.
  3. Mr._Graybeard

Mr._Graybeard Well-Known Member

OT, but this reminds me of a charter flight we took home from Ixtapa. A couple had brought their two kids along, and must have been sitting in the airport for hours and hours so they could get in the first row of seats. During that time, I surmise, they fed their brats a steady diet of junk Mexican chocolate bars.

By the time we were about to board, the kids' stomachs were starting to rebel. They were already vomit-stained when they got on the plane, but they were far from done. They spewed in the aisles and on their parents, who didn't make much effort to clean up. The front of the plane was redolent with cheap chocolate and gastric juices.

It was 3 1/2 hour flight, and the crew had a meal to serve: salisbury steak in barbecue sauce. Mom and Dad thought it was finger-lickin' good. We didn't have much of an appetite.

4. Brooklyn Bridge

Brooklyn Bridge Well-Known Member

Webster and garrow like this.
  5. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

whodathunkit?

6. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

7. Octave

Octave Well-Known Member

Mr. Graybeard-

Awful experience. Hope you were comped. I do not do well with vomit- my own or anyone else's.

wicked likes this.
  8. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Another law-and-order asshole who complained about coddling prisoners, until he became one.

Slacker and Octave like this.
  9. Octave

Octave Well-Known Member

soft as baby shit. At least we don't hear from Elmer.

Why are these guys allowed to call into podcasts from prison? How is that even permissible?

10. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

Meanwhile, in Texas... The impeachment trial of Ken Paxton (AG) began today. It's going to be a slow process, because already, the morning was consumed by his attorneys asking the jury (the Texas senate) to vote individually on motions to dismiss for each of the 16 counts. They didn't do that, with the vote (roughly) of 24-6. He needed 16 votes for a dismissal, so he's going to have to flip quite a few senators during the course of the trial to get an acquittal.

Paxton's wife is a senator and attending the trial, but has to recuse herself from voting. Some of the allegations are about him attempting to cover up an affair, so, its messy as hell. (Paxton is also hard right and religious, so its absolutely shocking he would have an affair.) The Texas Tribune is providing live updates.

garrow likes this.
  11. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Another law-and-order asshole who still can’t believe he got caught.

12. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Well, I for one am eagerly looking forward to Trump's phone call to Hannity from prison.

Draft saved Draft deleted