1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Ahsoka (2023)

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by 2muchcoffeeman, Aug 21, 2023.

1. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

I know you’re binging Rebels and there’s some serious spoilers ahead of you aren’t done.

That’s all true, but to send him to the dark side after his whole character arc feels like it would be fan fiction. He starts thinking only of himself and is immature. He fights Kanan during training because he can’t see past the moment. He takes the temptation of the dark side because he can’t let go of attachments. But at the very end, he finds a balance. His connection with the Loth Wolves leads everyone to safety. Then he sacrifices himself in a moment of clarity where he looks past the moment for the better of everyone and even if he must lose his friends. After he comes to peace with his parents dying when the emperor was trying to tempt him in the force time-and-space realm. It just feels like everything he accomplished would be meaningless if suddenly he’s an inquisitor.

2. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

I normally have faith in Filoni and Favreau. Then S3 of Hey Mando! happened. It was OK, at best. They're obviously not above making some galaxy-brained decisions.

3. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

It is amazing just how many of Filoni's stories rely on the people in charge being arrogant and stupid. It seems to be there in every Star Wars story, but Filoni seems to rely heavily on such stories.

Last edited: Aug 30, 2023
  4. outofplace

Perhaps we were paying attention to the wrong things?

Spartan Squad and 2muchcoffeeman like this.
  5. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

That one scene …

… where Ahsoka opened up our favorite armored dark Jedi and the gas or whatever spewed out — I mean, WTAF was that? Obv it wasn’t who I thought it might be, but … damn.

6. outofplace

Something similar happened when she killed an inquisitor in one of the recent animated shorts. Of course, I don't buy for a second that they killed her off in this episode, but if she is saved again by the World Between Worlds, I'm going to be very annoyed. Of course, anybody who didn't watch Rebels is probably wondering what the hell was going on in that last scene.

7. SportsGuyBCK

SportsGuyBCK Active Member

Probably got that from dealing with all those Hollywood executives ... :)

8. outofplace

Of course, we didn't even get into the big reveal from the fourth episode.

That reveal would have been a hell of a lot more interesting if they hadn't given it away in the promos. They didn't trust the audience enough to give the show a shot without teasing the return of Anakin Skywalker. The interesting thing is that he doesn't appear to be a Force ghost, which I'm sure is related to the scene taking place in the World Between Worlds, which seems like it is being used for some serious plot shenanigans. There is no armor like Ahsoka's plot armor in anything created by Filoni.

9. Regan MacNeil

Every time I start to REALLY like this show, one of the main characters does something galactically stupid.

[​IMG]

10. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

I mean they set that up from the start. It had to happen that way. And it’s what happens in Star Wars: Main character follows feelings to the detriment of the objective.

11. Regan MacNeil

Yeah, these are all “so the show can happen” stupid decisions.

12. outofplace

I disagree. It is very much in character for Sabine, but you would have had to watch Rebels to know it. That is the biggest problem with the show. So much of it is rooted in an animated series many people didn't watch. A co-worker who is into this stuff said he watched the first episode of Ahsoka, then decided to put it aside until after he binged Rebels. I did that a few months ago. I do recommend it, though the show gets really weird. That last scene in last week's episode of Ahsoka is just a taste of the weird.

Even the summaries posted on this thread likely leave out much of the character development that might make Sabine's actions make more sense, at least in context of the character's previous choices. They tried to give us a little of her motivation through what Baylan says to her, which also implies she has suffered more losses since the end of Rebels.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2023
    Spartan Squad and 2muchcoffeeman like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted