1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The 2023 Running Baseball Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by 2muchcoffeeman, Mar 30, 2023.

1. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

From the angle of the camera it looked like the ball cut ... a serious cutter ... across a piece of the plate before it was caught.

It's September. Swing the bat.

Last edited: Sep 6, 2023
    playthrough likes this.
  2. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

“Licking the black”

3. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

We're not in Williamsport anymore. Somebody had a plane to catch.

4. BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo

BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo Well-Known Member

Holy fuck, the Rangers.

5. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

I know he doesn't need to but I would love for Verlander to try for 300 wins.

He's in that range if his option vests that he could be in striking distance when his contract ends.

6. BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo

He's talked about pitching until his mid-40s. As long as he's healthy and effective, I'll be stunned if he doesn't chase it. Only 45 away.

7. Della9250

Assume healthy I hope he goes at least one year beyond the next two he could be under contract just to see if it would be worth it. He could be around 280, if not past it, and then that would be a reasonable attempt

8. JC

JC Well-Known Member

You’ve lost it

Gutter likes this.
  9. JC

JC Well-Known Member

I have never read that the month matters in the rules. The player did his job, ump didn’t.

10. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Gene Simmons tongue

I Should Coco and Spartan Squad like this.
  11. BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo

Yeah, 280 is a fair guess as long as he's healthy the next two-plus years. The only guy I can think of who stopped when he was almost that close and still had something left in the tank was Mussina, who was at 270 at the end of his age-39 season. Verlander's not going home to coach youth basketball. He'll stick around, especially since he's the last guy with anything close to a shot at 300, and I'd be stunned if he didn't do it with the Astros, especially since they'll have a real case to be the team he representss in the HOF if he gets to 300 in Houston.

Deskgrunt50 likes this.
  12. Della9250

Draft saved Draft deleted