1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

TJ Simers on changes in Los Angeles Times sports section going into effect Monday

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Mr. X, Jul 4, 2023.

1. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

My strong guess is this was the scenario.

I don’t pretend to follow Kansas football, but are we sure this was the tweet that broke the news?

2. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

Plenty of people with an interest in moving the betting line would be a possible source for something like this.

3. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

I am not sure, no.

But this is the kind of stuff national reporters are now doing - availability reports.

4. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

Alden owned Southern California News Group boasted about its sports section and deadlines when LAT made it changes. It then bought the San Diego Union-Tribune, the note about new deadlines came last week and my sports section today in the Riverside paper is four pages of mostly high school football gamers from Friday.
    I’m told I can go online to read about the Dodgers, USC, etc
    Meanwhile, the Times had Dodgers playoff game coverage.
    Fortunately for me, my subscription is mostly online with home delivery only on Sunday.

5. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Was a big day in SoCal sports.

Washington State at UCLA
    Dodgers playoffs
    USC in triple overtime (even in the good ol' days that's not getting into many editions).

I shudder to think what my old shop 12 miles north of Riverside is like these days.

6. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

MileHigh likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted