1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

LOLOLOLOLOL

2. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

I mean, four years might be the rest of his life given all that McDonald’s.

dixiehack likes this.
  3. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

Followed by hours, days and weeks of mindless speculation and "expert analysis."

4. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

At this point in his presidency, Trump.....was on his second AG, SecDef, HHS, Interior, Labor, VA secretaries, FBI director, U.N. Ambassador,
    his third National Security Advisor and White House chief of staff

Biden.....second Labor secretary, second WH chief of staff.

2muchcoffeeman and HanSenSE like this.
  5. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Even normie voters know about poll averaging and how individual polls contain too much potential for bad signal-noise ratio. But the iron law of media says that if our company paid for a poll, it is the One True Poll and all reporting, analysis and commentary must treat it as established fact. To me, that's the real problem here. It's especially a problem for CNN because their pollster SSRS, has always had more volatile results -- in both directions. This can set up months of "Biden (or Trump) Doomed" stories followed by "Biden (or Trump) Bounces Bzck."

2muchcoffeeman likes this.
  6. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

I could name and knew the story on everyone in the Trump administration. Why? Because they were corrupt, unfit, not qualified, criminal, etc. and in the news daily for their actions.
    Biden, who I voted for and for the most part like, I can only name three members of his cabinet/staff. Why? Because they are competent professionals who just do their job.

I like it that way better.

7. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

Looked into SSRS. From its "About" page:

"We are critical thinkers that ..."

"SSRS is redefining research to impact positive change."

"We combine strategic, technical, and methodological skills and talents to form an incredible team."

YUCK!

8. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Like MS?

9. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

So they publish newspapers?

10. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

I'd settle for a massive stroke. On national TV.

HanSenSE likes this.
  11. BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo

BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo Well-Known Member

On one hand, this is what I mean. We are giving way too much attention to the Nazis and the racists and the whiny babies. Yes, they decided the race in 2016, but that was the imperfect storm in which enough swing voters were never going to vote for the uppity lady. Four years of hell later, people just wanted competence they can ignore. On the other hand, 73 million people saw 2017-2020 and said you know what, I want more of that. So who fucking knows.

wicked, HanSenSE, Tarheel316 and 3 others like this.
  12. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

I resent the fact that I actually know the names and deeds of members of Congress and governors from multiple states other than my own.

FileNotFound likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted