1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Maybe he thought he could parlay the gig into something in lobbying.

2. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

The power is intoxicating and they all think that they are the one who will stick around.

3. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

Ohhhhhhh, brother. Where art thou?

4. Driftwood

I get it. I just don't get it.
    I guess it's just because I don't possess that gene.
    I've worked my way into a pretty good gig. I could get a little bit more, but why throw it away to grab the tiger by the tail? If I stay were I am, I'm pretty much untouchable, just like Meadows would have been.
    My goal in life is to live the good life not always chase the next best thing.

5. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

6. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Even the most senior members of Congress, unless they're truly exceptional legislators like Pelosi or McConnell, know they are super inferior to the executive branch in the White House. Chief of Staff to the President is real power few if any Congresspeople ever have. Of course, Meadows was also such a chickenshit that in sworn testimony he said he did what he did because he didn't want Trump to yell at him.

7. Driftwood

Again, this is just me personally, but power has never meant anything to me.
    I think back to my poker playing days: I could have been a big flash in tournaments, but I was more content being a grinder under the radar because I knew at the end of the day, longevity wins.
    The tortoise beats the hare 9 times out of 10.

wicked likes this.
  8. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

9. Octave

Octave Well-Known Member

Meadows is so damned dumb it's amazing he was not only a MoC but a chief of staff.

10. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

11. WriteThinking

WriteThinking Well-Known Member

This is an essay supposedly explaining the anger of many Americans, particularly those in blue-collar work, and why they have become Trumpists.

MSN

It's a good piece that brings up many legitimate issues and possible reasons besides mere stupidity. But it doesn't really explain the seemingly inexplicable devotion to Trump. Trump, really, is the personification of the rich, privileged population that is NOT them, even though he claims his is their champion. Why don't they realize that?

12. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted