1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

No, you CAN'T root in the damn press box

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by jr/shotglass, Sep 4, 2023.

1. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

She's 36

MileHigh, justgladtobehere and Octave like this.
  2. Octave

Octave Well-Known Member

I'm not going to click on the TwiX profile but I will assume she is not identifying herself as a reporter.
    Has the whiff of 'social media influencer', which seems to be a new fig leaf to don while pulling this stuff off.

3. SixToe

SixToe Well-Known Member

she has “Sports anchor/reporter” in her bio

at least she doesn’t call herself a journalist

Liut and 2muchcoffeeman like this.
  4. LanceyHoward

LanceyHoward Well-Known Member

Sports anchors in Denver have been reacting this way since the Broncos went to the Super Bowl in 1977. Ron Zappolo was a bit modulated but every other sports anchor on Channel 9 and Channel 7 was more partisan than the Broncos PR director. The difference now is Twitter allows the whole world to see it.

Liut likes this.
  5. Roscablo

Roscablo Well-Known Member

Yeah, the Broncos and TV news fits this whole conversation to a T. They all do special shows, they all lead the newscasts with the Broncos all weekend and definitely game days. Nothing crazy about the Broncos homerism on TV.

6. Roscablo

As the previously mentioned CSU grad here, this is where it sort of gets even more dicey, because CU plays CSU with all this nonsense next week. CSU probably has zero chance, but there are plenty of CSU supporters and alums in these parts, if not as vocal or flashy (never really have been but especially now). Doesn't mean there still aren't locals who care. And it will be all about CU, won't even mention much how unworthy CSU is. It is going to be a week to leave town as a CSU supporter.

7. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Thanks for speaking up, Roscablo. Colorado State supporters never made a point to stand out before ... with Deion's arrival and a couple of wins, I have to imagine the folks from Boulder are sucking up all the oxygen out of the hype preceding the Rocky Mountain Showdown.

Does Norvell have enough weapons to take CU down a notch?

2muchcoffeeman likes this.
  8. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

So she’s still happy her alma mater is doing well, huh?

9. Roscablo

Never say never, but realistically no. The offense just isn't explosive at all and won't be able to keep up with CU's. The defense isn't terrible and maybe could muck it up some, but also not enough to probably keep it close enough in the end. Definitely can't turn it over like Nebraska did to even want it to not be really ugly. I kind of am thinking a score similar to the Washington State game, which was 50-24.

That said, I am still not sure how tested CU has been. Not sure TCU is that great, and Nebraska clearly has zero offense, one that gave CU about 17 free points. Of course, CSU is not as good as either of those probably by a long shot so we still won't know what CU really has.

10. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Go Sheep.

Liut and SixToe like this.
  11. Matt Stephens

Matt Stephens Well-Known Member

Wait, you're a fellow CSU grad???

Liut, Roscablo and MileHigh like this.
  12. Roscablo

Yes, and it is possible you even sort of know who I am!

Matt Stephens and Liut like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted