1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The TV thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Versatile, Mar 28, 2013.

1. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

Followed up by strong episodes this week, too. I wasn't feeling either early in their seasons, but they both have gotten better each week.
    Strong Afterparty finale with fun cameos.

2. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

For Afterparty, I guessed the murderer correctly but I think that was dumb luck. I hope they get a Season 3 because the three leads are so likable and they do a great job with casting. One spoiler nit about the murderer

I will say that I don’t understand why Ulysses didn’t wash out the horn.

Also, I read an interview with the creators that “Edgar Minnows” is an anagram for “wrong man dies” and that the Reddit army somehow didn’t pick up on that.

3. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Didn't know Harry-O was a TV show till 2 minutes ago after seeing a post on FB.

Martin Sheen and Margot Kidder were in the pilot.

Last edited: Sep 8, 2023
  4. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

A new horror anthology series starts this week, The Changeling. I love these types of shows.

Last edited: Sep 8, 2023
  5. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

6. Webster

7. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Thanks for sharing this. Short had been trending on Twitter for a while and I couldn’t figure out why.
    I’m glad I didn’t spend days writing a 10,000 word article espousing how much I hate someone by highlighting how successful he is while also being a nice guy.

8. Tighthead

Tighthead Well-Known Member

Every story I’ve ever read or heard about Marty is what a great guy he is. I think I heard Eugene Levy say on a podcast he sees Marty just about every day in L.A., they hang out or play golf together. The old SCTV gang is pretty much still in touch.

There is the famous story of his interview with Kathie Lee Gifford where she mentioned his late wife, but as if she was still alive. Marty played along as he didn’t want to embarrass her. (To her credit, she was embarrassed and apologetic).

Mike Myers never auditioned for SNL. Marty called Lorne and said “I saw this guy and you need him”.

OscarMadison, Webster and TigerVols like this.
  9. Webster

Every now and then I go down the rabbit hole of Jiminy Glick clips or of compilations of Martin Short on Conan. Genius stuff.

sgreenwell, John and Tighthead like this.
  10. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

OscarMadison likes this.
  11. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Always used to enjoy the annual Fall Preview issues of TV Guide and Entertainment Weekly. Tough tracking them down - if they published at all - in recent years. This year they aren't even bothering because of the strikes.

12. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

EW doesn't publish in print anymore.

2muchcoffeeman likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted