1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Gambling Thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Songbird, Oct 18, 2013.

1. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

The Bet Bash gambling convention is happening right now.

One panel has devolved into the bash Darren Rovell show, with everyone piling on and Rovell shouting back.

exmediahack likes this.
  2. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

3. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

Ravens!! 24 in a row. Ravens to win by 1-13 pays +140

playthrough and MileHigh like this.
  4. exmediahack

I should have put it out here. Had my son spend free bets on a Ravens win 1-13, packers Seahawks and saints ML 4-teamer at +770.

“Dad, food and beer for September are covered. Thanks!!”

No gambling is easy but NFL preseason is magnificent.

Also, 75 NFL receiving yards markets. If I was in a legal state, I would tie up $8400 on under for every receiver. ($110 to win $100 for most) at the highest yardage line I can find. I’ll report back as to what it will be at the end of the season.

Batman and MileHigh like this.
  5. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

You're going to lose your mind not being in a non-legal state this season. Or you'll be getting constant thanks from your son.

exmediahack likes this.
  6. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Nice. What was the reaction for nailing that bet with the crazy Saints' finish?

7. exmediahack

He was sitting pretty as I told him to burn a $20 free bet on Chiefs +800 at 17-0, which he did. At that point, it was just sitting back.

MileHigh and Batman like this.
  8. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

As not to pollute the college football thread ...

Did re-up for the first time in three months with a small deposit into DK since they were offering some nice match offers for football season.

Immediately vomited up three of my four bets last weekend -- Navy to cover (ugh), NMSU -7 (WTF UMass), UTEP -1.5 (clown show at the end for the Miners). Did at least hit on Hawaii-Vandy over 56.5.

Placed one baseball bet this week -- Orioles RL (-1.5) on Monday against the ChiSox, boosted to +178. Don't love betting on my own team, but I also know the O's are a great at bouncing back after a loss and Grayson has been dealing, so I figured it was safe. And it was.

Onto a pre-Saturday parlay with a $10 free bet: Louisville -7.5 at GT, Florida-Utah over, NC State -14.5 at UConn. Would win $58 if it hits.

9. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

Syracuse/W Michigan total was 56. Halftime score was 45-7. The game did not go over.

And in the "bookies know stuff that you don't" department ... DK hung up an odds boost on Adesanya in the UFC title fight from the -675 or whatever he was to +100. That really smelled -- even money on a fat UFC favorite?! Sure enough, Sean Strickland won at more than +500.

10. exmediahack

We’ll see if it holds again. Divisional home underdogs are 21-4 ATS the last decade in Week 1.

Browns, Jets, Colts and Giants qualify.

11. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

Last edited: Sep 11, 2023
  12. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

That's insane.

Draft saved Draft deleted