1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. jojoblack

jojoblack Active Member

I'd bet a tidy sum that man never used the word acolyte in his life, not in conversation, in a speech, in Studio 54 or in Scrabble.

2. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

LOL, this dingus

Neutral Corner likes this.
  3. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

Looks like DraftKings is this year’s winner of the “Let’s totally embarrass ourselves by using Sept. 11” contest.

“Never Forgot” themed bets.

Absolutely disgusting.

matt_garth likes this.
  4. BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo

BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo Well-Known Member

5. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

I’ve been struck by how little 9-11 coverage and conversation I’ve seen today, far less than any year I can recall.

I don’t think it’s the worst thing either. Commemorate the day but let the scar tissue heal.

Last edited: Sep 11, 2023
  6. BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo

BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo Well-Known Member

I'm in New York, so I've understandably seen a lot. I think it's important to be reminded of the day. But cynically, I agree w/you, because no one can remember how or understand why there was an event that brought everyone together as one.

OscarMadison likes this.
  7. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Even on the mobile home page for NYT, it’s like the 14th story down.

8. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

The unity of the country after 9/11 was short-lived, but it was real and it happened. There were some nuts spreading conspiracy theories but it was pretty much in the shadows.

One of the things that makes me feel the worst about what’s happened the last 8 years is that unity likely will never happen again under any circumstances.

The trumplicans aren’t capable of accepting anything based in reality.

OscarMadison and outofplace like this.
  9. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

A local restaurant posted “Happy Patriots Day! All first responders get 50% off an entree” superimposed over an American flag. It took them almost two hours and 300-plus comments to take it down.

garrow and HanSenSE like this.
  10. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

History Channel and National Geographic channel have all the 9/11 coverage you could want, or not want as the case may be.

11. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

On top of everything else, Patriots Day is in April.

Yes, I remember the unity. But I also remember how it all unraveled. Attacking Iraq seemed more about redeeming the Bush family name after the first Gulf War. Haliburton and all those no-bid contracts. The government version of Jessica Lynch's rescue vs the reality. And don't get me started on Pat Tillman.

Last edited: Sep 11, 2023
  12. Brooklyn Bridge

Brooklyn Bridge Well-Known Member

Sleepy Joe.

Draft saved Draft deleted