1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

All of that is good, but that last line....one like didn't feel like enough.

2. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

To be fair, we were only together for about a week and a half before the name calling and finger pointing started up again.

OscarMadison likes this.
  3. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

I’ve said this a million times, but the turning point for me was when we couldn’t even unite over the death of Osama bin Laden.

It was then that I realized we’d never be a united nation again.

4. Tarheel316

Tarheel316 Well-Known Member

garrow likes this.
  5. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

McCarthy is going forward with an impeachment inquiry. I've never seen a Speaker that was such a weaktit.

HanSenSE likes this.
  6. outofplace

If we didn't already know that, his confirmation process proved it. No speaker has ever been so weak. He is desperate to cling to the job and he knows how easily it can be taken from him.

The impeachment is a joke, of course. It is political revenge and an attempt to distract from the indictments against Trump. It is also pure hypocrisy, doing exactly what the Republicans falsely accused Democrats of doing to Trump when they whine about the indictments being political.

Smallpotatoes likes this.
  7. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

8. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

McCarthy made this announcement because he didn't have the votes in the House to pass an inquiry formally. In reality, it means nitwit psycho James Comer will be replaced by nitwit psycho Jim Jordan as inquiry leader. Of course, McCarthy can't just say Biden is impeached. There has to be a vote for that. There are no grounds now. The only possible grounds the inquiry could generate would be when the DOJ refuses requests for documents from the special counsel's investigation of Hunter Biden. Such a request would itself be illegal, violating the special counsel laws. I'd bet even money McCarthy loses his job before Biden is ever impeached.

9. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

Impeachment inquiry without a vote is so fucking weak. Like McCarthy, so it fits.

Transparent clown show by transparent clowns. Five years of investigations and they’ve got nothing. Just a bankrupt party in every way.

Tarheel316, Slacker and garrow like this.
  10. outofplace

She really is thoroughly awful. If you want to talk about Giuliani's work in the aftermath, go for it. He is a pathetic joke now, but that doesn't take away from what he did then. Trump, on the other hand, did nothing of value.

11. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

The ideal on the Right feels a lot like teaching them a trade without teaching them to read.

OscarMadison likes this.
  12. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

In two weeks!

Neutral Corner, garrow and HanSenSE like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted