1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

Thank you for explaining it to me like I'm 5.

2. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Some really good stuff there.

Liut likes this.
  3. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

4. franticscribe

franticscribe Well-Known Member

I hope I didn't insult you. I know I have a tendency toward over-explanation.

5. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

I look forward to his press tour on the book. Of course, the MAGAs will say he's a liar.

6. melock

melock Well-Known Member

The Turtle already did if you read the article.

Liut likes this.
  7. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

One thing that does unite Americans politically is complete disbelief in anything Mitch says.

2muchcoffeeman and dixiehack like this.
  8. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

Please, let's not whitewash Mittens' reputation as a member of the ruling class.

9. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Don't get me wrong, swingline. The encounters I had with Romney were at Celtics game where he sat courtside when Mass. Governor. Mormons all love basketball and Romney is tight with Danny Ainge. Well, courtside at the Garden may be the only demo in the state that skews Republican, and various drunks came up to Romney to tell him "You're great, Mitt!" and similar love notes. Romney turned to me, who he knew was a reporter, and basically said, these swine would turn on me in a heartbeat. This was a) true, b) something no pol would say to even a sports reporter if they gave a fuck, and above all c) his real attitude towards his fellow man is, as my former colleague Chas. Pierce wrote, there are two classes of people, the Romneys and the help.

10. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

Being a real billionaire has its perks, chief among them the luxury of absolutely not having to give a fuck about anything you don't want to.

Michael_ Gee, Driftwood and Webster like this.
  11. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

12. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

don't sell bruins and patriots fans short

Draft saved Draft deleted