1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The 2023 Running Baseball Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by 2muchcoffeeman, Mar 30, 2023.

1. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

Too bad their shit doesn’t work in the playoffs…

2. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Can’t fucking lose this game to the Cardinals tonight. For fuck’s sake.

3. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Maybe longer. Much longer.

From Wikipedia:

Isolated teres major injuries are rare. They are almost exclusively encountered in professional and high-level recreational athletesbaseball pitchers in particular. These injuries can be debilitating, requiring lengthy rehabilitation periods and missed seasons of athletics. No clear indications for surgical treatment exist. Outcomes have been generally good after both nonoperative and operative treatment.​

Oof.

4. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Lost, for fuck’s sake. 1-0 to the fucking Cardinals at home is inexcusable.

5. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

That hurt. Helluva time for the bats to go dead, finally getting a quality start from Gibson.

It's a fairly big four games coming up now.

Vombatus likes this.
  6. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Gunnar knew. His reaction to the triple was raw. Just not enough hits. Fine, a split against Tampa will do.

tapintoamerica and Vombatus like this.
  7. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

I’m going to have to deploy my voodoo doll.

8. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

I'm going to remind myself that the out-of-the-race Cards have just won 2 of 3 from Cincinnati, Atlanta, and Baltimore, who are all very much still in races. Baseball, man.

9. jr/shotglass

Not long after Mountcastle left the game with shoulder discomfort, Heston Kjerstad was pulled from the Norfolk Tides' game.

We might have ourselves some dramatics here.

Last edited: Sep 13, 2023
  10. jr/shotglass

11. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

His comments after the game didn't offer much in the way of hope. Kjerstad played 32 games in RF, 13 games in LF and 22 games at 1B for the Tides. I'm as worried about the defense as I am about the loss of Mountcastle's bat. Santander can play first but it's not ideal. O'Hearn can slot in there as well. FWIW, Kjerstad's FP at 1B was 1.000 for the Tides.

12. jr/shotglass

O'Hearn has been excellent at first base ... but Hyde sure doesn't like him seeing left-handers. Kjerstad is a lefty bat, too.

Can't like hearing Mountcastle say, "Yeah, took a swing and it popped."

Last edited: Sep 14, 2023
Draft saved Draft deleted