1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Update …

Six of my neighbors showed up at the city board meeting last night to complain about all this. After the first one spoke, the vice mayor asked the streets department supervisor why the signs were added.

He recited chapter and verse about how state law requires boulevards and rotary roads to be one-way, drive to the right of the median or center island. He may have been tipped by a little birdie (ahem) and even had the state ordinance printed on poster board.

Now did that deter my neighbors? Nope! They kept talking about how nobody was consulted, how ugly the signs are and other complaints. Two of them even made the argument that our neighborhood is so safe the signs aren’t needed but with them a kid will get hit by a car. The vice mayor asked why the signs would make drivers less observant and they stammered something about roundabouts causing people to drive faster. When one neighbor complained about the number of signs, the streets supervisor again chapter and versed them about state regs on signage.

Finally, after 45 minutes of this, another board member said if they wanted to take the signs down they need to get the state law changed. That pissed them off and they asked the board to vote to override the state. The mayor piped up and said “You understand we can’t do that, right?” NOPE!

They are now talking about getting an anti-street signs person to run for mayor next year! This is hilarious!

2. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

Do those folks have real jobs? Kids? Are any of them younger than 50?

3. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

4. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

NOBUDDUH TELLZ US WHUT TA DEW. WE DON'T NEED NO TRAFFIK SIGHNS. ONE-WAY STREET?? FUKK DAT. WE DRIVEZ WHERE WE WANT. FREEDUM!!

Inky_Wretch likes this.
  5. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Most of them are in their 60s and 70s. One of the ringleaders is in her 30s and launched an IG account about the remodeling and decorating she was doing of her house. She’s told others she wants to be on HGTV. She’s been in the neighborhood for less than four years and is the most vocal.

6. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

7. Starman

If I were the husband of the pregnant woman (making a couple of reasonable assumptions)
    I'd have smacked the bitch right upside the head. Bubba Smith helmet slap straight to the right ear.
    Send that vape cig flying 50 feet.

Last edited: Sep 14, 2023
  8. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

If that doesn't work, their next step will be to defund your city's street department.

"My way or (no) highway" is the MAGA game plan, and no slight is too small to transform into World War III.

Inky_Wretch and HanSenSE like this.
  9. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

Apparently this guy wasn't alive between 2016-20 to ask about the previous president

10. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

Honest to God, this woman is the absolute perfect embodiment of the modern Republican party.

11. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

Including, hate who I say, not who I fuck

garrow likes this.
  12. Starman

Oh so she's not married to her uncle or stepdad or whatever the fuck anymore??

That new "boyfriend" looks like a real "manly man," if you know what I mean and I think you do.

Draft saved Draft deleted