1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The TV thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Versatile, Mar 28, 2013.

1. Typist Clerk

Typist Clerk Well-Known Member

The TV Guide Fall Preview (No. 71, the editor notes) is out.

2. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

It’s almost comical that Charter and Disney settled things on the day Monday Night Football returns.

3. PaperDoll

PaperDoll Well-Known Member

I didn't watch much of MNF, but I saw at least one Charter ad during that hour. Apparently Charter is available somewhere 'round here, but it's called Spectrum.

4. UNCGrad

UNCGrad Well-Known Member

I asked my musical theatre college student daughter about this, and she had a similar take. She cringes at being forced to do improv and will worry about different "ups" in acting class, but her method of trying to deal with it is to be as prepared as she can. She'll just try to outwork it. But, also, she knows that isn't always an avenue out. She's admitted to essentially blacking out and not remembering doing that specific performance, but thankfully no complete shutdowns as referenced above. But she knows people who have, and she's definitely not looking forward to their "clown" project in a year or so.

OscarMadison likes this.
  5. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Charter is the company, Spectrum is the service brand.

6. OscarMadison

OscarMadison Well-Known Member

Clowning? CLOWNING? That poor child.

Good grief, Dan. Eat something sweet and maybe the feeling will pass.

Short is good at playing characters who can get under your skin and it's very likely he knows when those creations' foibles are on full display. His "grown up job" line to Mabel in the latest episode of OMitB is a good example.

UNCGrad likes this.
  7. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

Short was fantastic in the most recent episode. His line to the prominent cameo actors in the latest episode about how he doesn’t like to drop names in a story was delivered perfectly.

OscarMadison likes this.
  8. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Ok, special surprise of the day, Barry Corbin just liked a post I made on Facebook, wondering why War Games hadn't been rebooted. Hell yes I sent him a message telling him what a huge fan I was and how often I've quoted the Mr. Mckittrick sir, after serious deliberation, I think your system sucks line.

Even better, he wrote me back. I'm going to be pissed if its a fake account. Still, I totally dig that guy - he's been in so much.

Last edited: Sep 14, 2023
    OscarMadison, Tighthead and garrow like this.
  9. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

Turned on Season 3 of The Morning Show and didn't last long. The plotline about Jennifer Aniston's character going up on a space mission was dumb enough, but as she was talking about her fear of dying on the mission she made a wisecrack about the Challenger disaster -- that didn't sit well with me, and I can take a lot of lousy writing (I was a fan of Tulsa King!). Looks like the first season was The Morning Show's peak.

Last edited: Sep 14, 2023
  10. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

Ugh. That sounds awful. I’m sure we’ll watch it eventually because we watched the first two seasons. But might be a quick click.

11. OscarMadison

OscarMadison Well-Known Member

Uma and Bunny are/were two of my favorite denizens of The Arconia. The vignette at the first of the latest episode was bittersweet. It also provided one of the few times when the writer's voice so clearly belonged to one person, I couldn't help but hear every word in his voice. Did anyone else feel pretty sure Steve Martin wrote Uma's monologue about lunch with Bunny?

Wenders, sgreenwell and Webster like this.
  12. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

I thought the cyber attack episode 2 was just fine. The show is what it is.
    With these episodes, I finally notice Jennifer Aniston's work done on her face. I think she held the record for the longest hollywood star going without noticing the effects of 'enhancement'.

Draft saved Draft deleted