1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

The next 14 months are going to be a master class in aggressive stupidity from the trumplicans.

Well, even more than the last eight years.

wicked likes this.
  2. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Look, man, Trump was working for the Democrats the whole time! It makes perfect sense: why else would he act all stupid, crazy and racist? To make everyone think that all Republicans are that way, man. I'm telling you it is true!

3. Justin_Rice

Justin_Rice Well-Known Member

Give it about a decade, I hope.

It took about that long for them to cast aside their full-throated support of George Bush.

garrow likes this.
  4. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

A "regular" politician isn't going to be able to reset the post-Trump GOP. It's going to take another Reagan.

Twirling Time and HanSenSE like this.
  5. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

And really, I have no problem with Hunter Biden getting the book thrown at him. For whatever. And if Biden's love for his son encourages him to not run again, or step down and throw him a pardon on the way out, I'm fine with that too. Biden has done good things as President, but he should quit while he's ahead.

wicked likes this.
  6. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I was just thinking of that angle as I read about the indictment. Republicans hate seeing anyone's gun ownership rights restricted, unless it is somebody they don't like.

garrow, HanSenSE and Inky_Wretch like this.
  7. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Agreed on all points. Hunter Biden has done plenty to earn his legal troubles. I doubt Joe Biden will do that as long as Trump is going to be the Republican nominee. He probably was the only candidate who could beat Trump in 2020, and I am certain he believes he is the only option to beat him in 2024.

8. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

TRIUMPHANT IMPUNITY

I'm not guilty because I committed the crime so blatantly in public, only an idiot would commit crimes blatantly in public so therefore I must be innocent.

EDIT: And look how mad everybody gets about it, that just proves they were out to get me from the start. So unfair. So that proves even more that I am innocent.

Last edited: Sep 14, 2023
    wicked likes this.
  9. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

Who the hell is jumping in the race at this point for Biden?

I’d rather them Weekend at Bernie’s the guy at this point. He’s the known known, as Don Rumsfeld once said.

10. UNCGrad

UNCGrad Well-Known Member

He also likely believes he's done a decent-to-good-to-perhaps-fine job to this point and would like to do it and accomplish more. I get that he's old. He'd also counter that he's been effective. He also knows how he feels. It's his vision. He probably wants to continue to carry it out.

Unless Barry pulls him aside to say, "Thanks, Joe. Don't run for re-election," I don't know who would have enough sway to convince Joe to step away from a nomination. Perhaps Dr. Jill. Maybe.

11. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

Sure, if they can prove the case, Hunter Biden should do whatever time is required. No problem at all with that.

So I have it straight, the trumplican thinking is Hunter being indicted is disqualifying for Joe Biden. But trump being indicted four times on 91 charges is in no way disqualifying for trump. That makes sense.

It strains the brain to try to be that intentionally stupid.

12. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Trump could kill an entire child care center with a chainsaw and it wouldn't be enough.

bumpy mcgee likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted