1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

OK. Now convince Biden not to run. And after you do that, convince Black women to not stay home entirely after Joe steps down and Kamala isn't the choice. Congratulations, President Republican.

Good job, extremely online Dems and political pundits. Good effort.

2muchcoffeeman and Deskgrunt50 like this.
  2. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

One more time. This has got to be about the 10th time I've posted this. It's getting discouraging. Biden is going to run unless he is physically incapacitated by some medical crisis. In that event, he would step down and Harris would become President. As the incumbent, she would be nominated without opposition because no Democrat with any ambition is going to run against her, it'd be suicidal, career-wise. Stop wishcasting. It'd be nice if Biden was younger. It'd be nice if I was, too. But neither's gonna happen.

3. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

I absolutely believe that abortion backlash will blue wave the R's again - unless the D's do something dumb enough to split their vote, make a substantial percentage mad enough to stay home.

4. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

At a certain point though, don’t you have to think that all these polls showing Biden 15ish points or so underwater in popularity might just have a basis in fact?

I like the guy. He’s been a better president than expected. But the main thing is to win.

And African-American voters tend to be very pragmatic, not least because they’ve seldom had the luxury of being pie-eyed dreamers. Why do you think they closed ranks around a politician who spent his first quarter-century about a step and a half removed from being a Dixiecrat?

OscarMadison likes this.
  5. Neutral Corner

6. Neutral Corner

I'm not terribly worried about polls 400 days before the election.

Driftwood and HanSenSE like this.
  7. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

Not in the Governor category, but if we’re making lists of who could win: Michelle Obama.

HanSenSE likes this.
  8. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

The polling industry is so completely flawed at this point. They're never worth a shit this far out. But they're pretty much worthless right up until election day now too. That doesn't stop cable news, internet warriors and other media outlets from flogging them to death. If they prove to be wildly off again this time, it's gotta be a tear down.

It's become just a tool for clicks, really. Or was there a Red Wave in 2022 that I missed?

Pro-choice and younger voters don't seem to show up at all in them any longer. And there's just no fucking way trump has gained support since Jan. 6. Fuck off with that bullshit.

Neutral Corner and Slacker like this.
  9. Octave

Octave Well-Known Member

his shrinking base has been subsumed by the GOP electorate - this isn't that hard.

there's a reason Nate Silver's not being treated as cupbearer to the gods anymore.

10. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

We went through this leading up to 2020. We went through this leading up to 2022. Trump won once, so now the Chicken Littles hold sway. DEMS ARE DOOMED!

Slacker likes this.
  11. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

If this is real, this is the "Just Becuz" that I posited just weeks ago. Really, that's all you need under the Constitution. Just a majority House vote to impeach and 2/3 to convict in the Senate. The merits of the charge don't matter.

12. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

2A for me but not for thee!

Gonna be hard for even Clever Clarence to square that circle.

Neutral Corner likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted