1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Wild night for Alabama preps

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by dixiehack, Aug 26, 2023.

1. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

We had a guy who coached four of the conference’s nine teams. It was like he was flipping houses, getting more and more lucrative teaching supplemental contracts for him and his family. He stayed, at most, four years.

It was gross. Dude could coach, though.

2. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

Fuck bitches get money

3. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

No snark for this. Just a shit ton of unanswered questions.

https://www.al.com/news/huntsville/...ies-wrecking-vehicle-during-police-chase.html

4. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

I know it's to get clicks, but why can't it just be a Whatever High School student or just a Whatever town teen? If it was a girl would they say she's a softball player? If he was first chair tuba would that be in the headlie? If the kid is a major player / recruit / wellknow starter I guess I get it but is he a JV kid? Backup? Does it matter

5. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Probably a Georgia recruit.

sgreenwell likes this.
  6. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

What is a 16-year-old doing driving around at 2:40 a.m.? Ain’t nothing good happening at that hour.

7. Justin_Rice

Justin_Rice Well-Known Member

There are no bad 16-year-olds, only bad __________.

8. Della9250

Meanwhile in Indiana...

9. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

The voice of experience whispers that sometimes you're asleep at 2:40 a.m., blissfully unaware that your kid went out the back door at 1:15.

Justin_Rice and Typist Clerk like this.
  10. franticscribe

franticscribe Well-Known Member

My sister went to Indian Creek High School. That place is as backwater as you can get.

Bob & Tom long ago used to do a schtick about "The Fat Man from Trafalgar". The unspoken part was that "The Fat Man from Trafalgar" was the superintendent of the school system that Indian Creek is in. Apparently very early in their career in Indianapolis they ended up DJing some school event at Indian Creek and he literally pulled the plug on them. Not sure why "Footloose" spoke to me as a kid.

Anyway, I am glad we moved before my other sister and I started high school. Not surprised they're being dicks about a kid transferring under those circumstances, either. Yeah it's a cross-county school they play annually, but it's in a different division and conference, plus the Holy Shit Factor.

2muchcoffeeman likes this.
  11. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Some real rocket scientists around high school football in this state.

https://www.al.com/sports/2023/09/a...-to-players-it-is-schools-responsibility.html

12. Della9250

Are you kidding me? The school gave them out! How stupid can you be? Not one person -- administration, coaches, parents, ANYONE -- thought that would be against the rules?

Also, this coach is a moron:

“We are really disappointed we didn’t get a call from the school which turned us in,” Winegarden said. He said, following an appeals process, the student-athletes who received gift cards have been re-instated and are eligible to play. "To forfeit one over something like this really stings. It’s not like we are playing someone who didn’t make a bona fide move. It came down to semantics and how kids are recognized, and that is pretty disappointing.”

dixiehack likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted