1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

2. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

The overwhelmingly prevailing thought in the run up to the 2020 election was that Biden was going to win.

3. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Keep talking, dingus

4. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

5. matt_garth

matt_garth Well-Known Member

“My client, the Honorable Lauren Boebert, should go right to f*cking jail. The son of a bitch is guilty. This woman is guilty. That woman there, that woman is a slime.”

6. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Shit, I’d go back to watching my nightly local news if they had that kind of give no fucks attitude. Well done.

7. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Coming up on Fox News: “Did Joe Biden deliberately get his son arrested on a gun charge to destroy the Second Amendment?”

8. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

No. She can't. She's never held any elective office in her life.
    Among the many many lessons we should take from Fatfuck, is nobody should be elected president with no governmental experience.

9. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Forearm clothesline right across the back of the head

10. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

The point is who could beat both of the two current problems.

I generally agree with your point, but the options the country faces make me think that she’s at least been a close enough bystander to the highest levels of government to have a clue, and she’d have a pretty qualified close advisor around to help as well.

Plus, I think she would actually learn on the job more than FF and W@B have.

11. FileNotFound

FileNotFound Well-Known Member

This reminds me of a great Kathleen Madigan bit where Kathleen is defending her support of Hillary Clinton in the 2008 primaries to her Clinton-hating, Kennedy-Democrat attorney father. It goes something like this:

“I don’t know, Dad, she did live in the White House for eight years.”

“Your mother has lived in this house for 40 years. Does that make her a goddamn attorney? Maybe next time you’ll call a plumber, he’ll be like, “I’ll send my wife. She’s been in the van.”

This is one place I agree with @Starman … we cannot have presidents “learning on the job.” Like it or not, politics is a profession, and experience in the system is essential.

wicked, Smallpotatoes and HanSenSE like this.
  12. Justin_Rice

Justin_Rice Well-Known Member

Why is the right wing obsessed with Michelle Obama?

Draft saved Draft deleted