1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I'll leave it to others to say whether they think I'm smart or not, but I'm one of those people who think he could win. His supporters are in denial. They were tell you all of those things I wrote are the product of witch hunts and the evil media. They will claim that Joe Biden is just as bad because his son is corrupt and the president must have gotten a taste, forgetting that even if their wildest dreams came true and they could prove it, that still wouldn't come close to all of Trump's flaws. They are desperately clutching for the 2024 version of "But her emails!" They want something simple they can sell. Most of all, they don't want to admit they were wrong, that Trump truly is that horrible. They want to stay in the cult or they want to justify their decision to vote for the guy with an R next to his name no matter how awful he might be.

His best chance to win is if Biden isn't the opponent. At his age, death or some debilitating condition is a real concern. Maybe the corruption accusations lead to him stepping down. The rest of the party would then step out of Kamala Harris's way. She is far more capable than Trump, but not likeable enough for independents. Also, this country may just have too many racists and sexists for any woman of color to be president, at least not a relatively unpopular one like Harris.

2. Justin_Rice

Justin_Rice Well-Known Member

"Democrat senator, congressman, governor, or cabinet member"

RFK has zero chance of becoming the D nominee.

3. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

rfk jr : democrats

grape gum : grapes

4. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

5. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

True. But how much we render unto Caesar remains an open question.

As a political / cultural / social matter, how do we pump the brakes on the Second Gilded Age?

OscarMadison likes this.
  6. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

Which it seems to me is as relevant to a JD Vance voter as it is to an AOC voter.

OscarMadison and doctorquant like this.
  7. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

No, no, no ... we are to render unto Caesar that which is Caesar's, and Caesar will let us know what is and is not his. To even question how much of it is Caesar's is to blaspheme.

Insert "I think he's got a point" gif from "Dirty Harry" ...

OscarMadison likes this.
  8. doctorquant

Sorry ... overlooked your subsetting specs.

Fred siegle likes this.
  9. Justin_Rice

If somehow 2024 is RFK v. Trump ... I don't know. .... can you ferry us all to some deserted island with reasonable surf fishing?

10. doctorquant

On it.

OscarMadison and Justin_Rice like this.
  11. Justin_Rice

I would love a robust youth football league to coach, too, on our hypothetical island. ... but that's not a sticking point for me.

12. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

A Black woman is half a heartbeat away from the seat of power.

You take her off the ticket now and President Trump II is what you'll have, and the end of America as we know it.

So there is no getting rid of Kamala.

Draft saved Draft deleted