1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

Yes, because it's the woman doing it.

garrow, HanSenSE and dixiehack like this.
  2. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

There's a whole lot of it around here.

3. WriteThinking

WriteThinking Well-Known Member

4. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

If he was confident in his positions, he wouldn’t need to write 5,000 words about why everyone is wrong about him.

He’s either deeply insecure or aggrieved. He believes he’s the only sane man in the world and everyone else is wrong or out to get him. Paranoid.

It’s like something I would do. Not a real thinker.

5. Neutral Corner

The Pentagon has contingency plans for everything. If Trump was talking about attacking Iran and asked how that would work, it would be standard to brief those plans. That wouldn't mean that Milley was advocating such an attack.

They've got a contingency plan to fight off Canada invading the U. S. too.

Webster and garrow like this.
  6. maumann

maumann Well-Known Member

Based on the exchange rate, I think it's working. A lot of our winter North of the Border friends are having serious discussions about being able to afford Florida this season.

7. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

He quit Twitter? Because all The Cools are there.

And the Nazi conspiracy theorists Elon follows.

8. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

We did it.

[​IMG]

swingline and maumann like this.
  9. Neutral Corner

10. Neutral Corner

What Smith is asking for, page 7: "a motion seeking to restrict extrajudicial pretrial statements or to require notification before conducting a survey of the potential jury pool"

11. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    I’m perfectly sane. Everyone else, however, is insane and trying to steal my magic bag. St. Patrick of Buchananomics!

12. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

Ok, the veneration of Romney is a little much. He’s been on the public political stage for three decades. I’ve seen the guy go from pro-choice (vs Ted Kennedy) to wishy-washy to pro-life to very pro-life. He’s gone from pro-Romneycare to anti-Romneycare/Obamacare. From casually pro-gay rights to pushing for an amendment as Mass. governor to restrict marriage. Gee is right, he does not give a flying fuck in general. He also does not give a flying fuck about consistency or personal integrity: see him twisting himself into a pretzel lobbying for the Secretary of State gig. He’s won two elections in his life: Mass. governor in 2002 and U.S. senator for Utah in 2018. Maybe you can count his election to his local church’s board or governing panel, too. We’re not talking about a political genius.

Last edited: Sep 16, 2023
Draft saved Draft deleted