1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The 2023 Running Baseball Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by 2muchcoffeeman, Mar 30, 2023.

1. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Why the hell didn't the Angels put Ohtani on the IL? I know it doesn't really matter, but he's missed 11 straight games and is just taking up a spot on the roster. Is this related to the salary talk upthread?

2. ChrisLong

ChrisLong Well-Known Member

Because of they keep saying he might play tomorrow, they'll continue to sell tickets.

bigpern23 likes this.
  3. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

Anyone know why today is the day teams are wearing a “21” for Roberto Clemente?

Also, the Mariners’ Kirby didn’t have to worry about being sent out for the seventh inning tonight. Dodgers’ No. 9 hitter, Miguel Rojas, takes him deep for a two-run homer. LA ahead 5-3 in Seattle.

Last edited: Sep 16, 2023
  4. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

Going great!

5. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Just now seeing how it ended. JFC.

Spartan Squad likes this.
  6. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

Someone needs to get on writing a salacious book about the Angels in the Trout era. I’ll preorder it now if offered.

7. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

My wife and I spent 10 minutes searching for what relevance Sept. 15 had to his life. It’s simply the beginning of hispanic heritage month, which seems completely impersonal to Clemente’s legacy in my mind.

It should be Aug. 18, his birthday. Celebrate hispanic heritage month separately. I mean, MLB wouldn’t exist without hispanic players. It’s okay to have two days to celebrate both Clemente’s and the contributions of hispanics.

I Should Coco likes this.
  8. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

The Cubs hit three home runs in the ninth inning and lost. I wonder what the winning percentage is of a team that hits three home runs in an inning. Has to be really high.

9. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Ohtani is being traded for Aaron Rodgers.

2muchcoffeeman, dixiehack and maumann like this.
  10. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

People can talk pitching all they want, but the Orioles have scored five runs total in their last four games. Hell of a time for the bats to go silent. Goes without saying that tonight's game is the biggest of the season, with Rodriguez on the bump against Glasnow. The only guys on the Baltimore roster with a real history against Glasnow are Hicks (5-13, 3B, HR), Henderson (2-6, 2B, 3B), and Santander (3-11, HR, 5K). Mullins is 0-9 with 5Ks against him.

Last edited: Sep 16, 2023
  11. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

I hate myself for being down in the dumps about this wonderful team. The disappointment will pass. Just need to finish strong and enjoy the accomplishment rather than obsess about lost opportunities.

12. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted