1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The 2023 Running Baseball Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by 2muchcoffeeman, Mar 30, 2023.

1. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Perk up tap! It's a new day. That's the beauty of baseball.
    Hey buddy

2. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

There is a good chance I will soon be denouncing myself.

3. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Happy for that. The O's have some resilience. Just had to get back to KB and Ben McDonald on MASN to change the karma.

tapintoamerica likes this.
  4. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

I would like to take this time to denounce myself for my inaccurate, faith-less predictions of imminent Oriole doom. I was wrong.
    Back in first.
    Series series over Rays secured.

dixiehack and Cosmo like this.
  5. FileNotFound

FileNotFound Well-Known Member

Brutal to see Glasnow get torched in what was essentially a must-win game. The O’s are absolutely legit.

6. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

Boy am I glad the Giants are not making changes to the manager and front office. So happy I get another year of this high quality team.

HanSenSE likes this.
  7. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

8. maumann

maumann Well-Known Member

Sawyer Gipson-Long becomes only the third Detroit Tigers rookie pitcher to record at least 10 strikeouts in one of his first two career starts, whiffing 11 Angels in five innings tonight.

The others? Jack Morris in 1977 against the Rangers, who won 254 games and is in the Hall of Fame. And Ralph Comstock in 1913 against the St. Louis Browns, who won 11 and pitched in the Federal League.

Baseball amazes me.

Last edited: Sep 16, 2023
  9. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

Another tight, well-played game between two (potential) playoff teams in Seattle.

Dodgers-M’s scoreless heading to the 10th. Door still open for Seattle in the AL West thanks to Kansas City beating Houston two nights in a row.

10. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

BTW, there’s been a whole lot of Dodgers fans at T-Mobile Park the past two nights. You’d almost think Toronto was in town … ;)

Huggy likes this.
  11. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

Oh, so you were using some reverse wishing to root the O’s onward? Trying to jinx TB? I like it.

Voodoo doll seems to be working too.

tapintoamerica likes this.
  12. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

No blue font needed, bro.

Draft saved Draft deleted