1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2023 Atlantic Hurricane Season Running Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Driftwood, Apr 13, 2023.

Tags:
  1. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

An ominous note seen while I played my last nine holes of golf for a couple days. A Weather Channel truck is parked at the Chatham Bars Inn -- a fancy resort right on the shore.

2. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

TD 15, come on down. You're the next contestant on Bermuda Can't Win.

[​IMG]

Vombatus likes this.
  3. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

Windy is great, but I often think of the song while using it.

And Windy’s got wings to fly, blah, blah-blah blah.

I Should Coco likes this.
  4. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

Glad I wasn't the only one who got that song in his head.

The Association wasn't the most avant-garde band of the 1960s, but their handful of hits are still catchy as hell.

maumann and Vombatus like this.
  5. Driftwood

Here's 15's projected path. It look like Bermuda will be OK again.

[​IMG]

6. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

Wow, this storm is going soft, but it's still trying to get hard again. Sucks to get old, Lee!

[​IMG]

7. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

Bermuda's been slammed so many times, like with Cuba, their sugar walls are rock candy. Proverbial water off a duck's back.

8. Driftwood

It seems fitting to me that a hurricane named Nigel it thumbing his nose at Bermuda.

Vombatus likes this.
  9. Michael_ Gee

Still here with power on the Cape. It's very windy, but so far there are leaves on the ground, and a few very small tree branches, more like twigs. Fire chief is on local TV right now kind of a describing Lee as an exhibition game for the winter storm season.

10. Driftwood

Good to hear, and honestly, getting sideswiped by a TS isn't even enough to disrupt regularly scheduled activities.

11. Michael_ Gee

I'm a member of a club that has a big golf outing scheduled for Monday at Ocean Edge, a fancy resort course (Nicklaus designed) in Brewster on the bay side of the Cape. Actually course is not really near the ocean, so I'm anticipating no issues. In fact, my one afternoon activity will be taking my clubs, shoes, and pushcart out of the basement and putting them back in my car. The only activities I've seen canceled today are those which would have been rained out by a normal storm and of course all nautically-related events.

12. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted