1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Economy

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by TigerVols, May 14, 2020.

1. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

I'm told child labor is a necessary part of our healthy economy and a win win win right down the line.

The Kids on the Night Shift

Inky_Wretch likes this.
  2. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Story made me feel much worse for the animals than any humans. :(

3. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Dodge/Chrysler/Stellantis is going electric as soon as spring, and possibly sooner. I don’t know what the final version will turn out to be, but here’s the concept version of the next Challenger/Charger:

[​IMG]

Per Car and Driver:

The entry-level Charger 340 gets a 400-volt propulsion system and 455 horsepower, while the midrange 440 (the electric Scat Pack, if you will) boasts 590 horsepower. Both models can receive over-the-air horsepower bumps through Dodge Direct Connection, and a multi-speed transmission is promised.

The top Banshee model will have an 800-volt architecture, and we predict that if the lesser models don't have two motors, the Banshee will. The horsepower rating is a secret, but Dodge promises the Banshee will eclipse the gas-powered Hellcat in all performance metrics. That includes sound, with the Charger EV's amplifying chamber "exhaust" tuned to 126 decibels.​

If nothing else, it’s going to force Ford to build an electric Mustang that’s an actual Mustang instead of a rebadged CUV.

Hermes likes this.
  4. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

If anyone wants an idea for a business:

restomod these as electrics.

1.jpeg

32.jpg

1963-chevrolet-corvette-split-window.jpg

misterbc, Michael_ Gee and garrow like this.
  5. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

These seem pretty popular.

6. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Yeah, that's the first one I thought of. After the Royal Wedding:

upload_2023-9-19_11-37-24.jpeg

7. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

And if anyone electrifies a classic Shelby, I hope they are seized by car guys and drowned in burnt crankcase oil.

maumann likes this.
  8. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

9. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

As in they rebuild an existing one as an electric or they use the style for a new generation?

10. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

11. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

At least they can afford the insane maintenance costs on those unreliable machines.

12. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

Another:

Draft saved Draft deleted