1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Fred siegle

Fred siegle Well-Known Member

The replies on this thread are some of the best comedy I’ve seen in a long time.
    Whether it’s Abraham Lincoln at “Our American Cousin” or Lauren Boebert at “Beetlejuice”, both Republicans had to leave their play early. (Someone named Matt Corvin)
    By fondling someone who she would otherwise describe as a “groomer,” the Congresswoman has demonstrated her uncanny ability to reach across the political divide. #raggededge

Did i do that right?

HanSenSE and garrow like this.
  2. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

That, or he was hoping to reach the divide.

3. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Tucker Carlson: Ray Epps might have been a Fed and entrapped people by encouraging people to break into the Capital.

Feds: We are charging Ray Epps for his actions on Jan. 6.

Smallpotatoes and 2muchcoffeeman like this.
  4. tea and ease

tea and ease Well-Known Member

Everyone, EVERYONE, who went through a door or window, or wall... especially this who went unimpeded... WHO let you in, who aided?

2muchcoffeeman likes this.
  5. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Daaamn. No punches pulled here.

Driftwood and matt_garth like this.
  6. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

I will disagree with Whitehouse here. Harriet Miers was nothing more than a stalking horse that was obviously unqualified for SCOTUS. GWB followed with hard-right Alito, whose judicial credentials couldn't be denied. That move was telegraphed by SCOTUS watchers before Rehnquist's body was cold.

Neutral Corner likes this.
  7. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

8. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

9. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

That's my memory as well. I thought she was utterly unqualified. OTOH, Whitehouse is talking about looking at the tax implications - Was the money spent on Clarence Thomas deducted as a business expense? That might be fun to examine.

10. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

11. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

Miers was so unqualified that guys like Glenn Beck were questioning her credentials.

What happened to that Beck guy? Did he go back to Z104 or something?

12. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted