1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The 2023 Running Baseball Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by 2muchcoffeeman, Mar 30, 2023.

1. BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo

BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo Well-Known Member

Far be it for me to ever agree with you :D but yeah, Strider's a non-factor in this race despite surely being the most dominant pitcher in the bunch. I thought Steele was going to win it, but Snell has pitched really well this month. He's going to be the weirdest, quirkiest two-time winner ever.

2. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Rockies need to finish 7-4 to avoid their first 100-loss season.

3. BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo

"What about me?"--Steve Bedrosian

FileNotFound likes this.
  4. BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo

5. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

6. BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo

That's one of those wonderfully weird stats. How can a team so perpetually bad have never lost 100 games? (Until now, apparently)

MileHigh likes this.
  7. BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo

I have no fucking idea how the Orioles got out of that eighth inning with only one run allowed but they are winning the World Series.

8. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

OK, Brandon Hyde has to stop being enchanted with Fujinami's potential and keep him out of pressure situations.

9. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Missed the game due to work, but yeah. Same applies to Lopez. O's were lucky to cover his tracks on Sunday but he gives up the long ball way too much. A sweep of the Astros on the road would have been ambitious, to say the least. Take care of business against bad opponents and the division is theirs.

10. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

And a division title is going to mean home-field throughout the AL playoffs.

Hyde has a deeper bullpen than most. He can give key situations to Cano, Perez, Webb, DL Hall (who has looked GREAT lately), Coulombe, Baumann, and now Flaherty. He can afford to save Fujinami and Lopez to eat innings when a game's out of hand.

11. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Angels started just two dudes hitting better than .227 yet they’re trying to do Baltimore a solid, up 8-3 in the middle of the 8th in St. Pete.

12. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

C’mon Angels!

IMG_3789.jpeg

Please! Please!

HanSenSE and Cosmo like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted