1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Economy

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by TigerVols, May 14, 2020.

1. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

Fun / Unreliable----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Fun Reliable

Lamborghini --------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 2023 Corvette / 2014 V-6 Mustang convertible -------- VW GTI --- Subaru BRZ / Toyota GR86 --- Mini-Cooper --- Mazda Miata

Last edited: Sep 21, 2023
    doctorquant likes this.
  2. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

My 2014 V-6 Mustang convertible ain't given me any trouble.

Azrael likes this.
  3. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Jaguars and Alfas have their own suites in the unreliable wing.

4. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

The BRZ is not a bad successor to the WRX.

5. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Back in the mid-'60s when my Dad had his midlife crisis, he bought an XKE. It was so beautiful, and went so fast. And I believe it was on the road about once every three days he owned it. The most spectacular flaw was that all the hoses were made of natural rubber! So when we got the first bout of subfreezing weather, a few (many) leaks developed.

6. Neutral Corner

Mid-60's Jaguars, and basically all English sports cars (particularly after they were owned by British Leyland) were notorious for maintenance issues, particularly issues with the Lucas electrics. So much so that there's a hoary old joke among English sports car guys:

Why do the British drink warm beer?

Because Lucas Electrics makes their refrigerators.

2muchcoffeeman likes this.
  7. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

An English golf buddy of mine drove an early aughts Jag up until a few years ago, when the control unit for the electronic stabilization/traction control went on the fritz. He got a quote of something like $3,000 to replace it, which he felt like he needed to do before he was going to sell it. I did a bit of the internetting and found a guy who'd reprogram it for something like $100. Whaddaya have to lose? I popped it out, a week went by (the car was driveable without it), the module came back in and I popped it back in. Twenty minutes of "work," a one-week wait, and $100 had him good to go. He promptly sold/traded for a Ford.

I got a six pack of Miller Lite out of the deal.

Neutral Corner likes this.
  8. Neutral Corner

Ford bought Jaguar in '99. He already had one, and a lot of the internals were Ford made or sourced by the mid-aughts.

doctorquant likes this.
  9. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

JDMs, yea or nay?

10. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

11. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Rigged survey. Alfas were harvesting ballots. Lexus really won . . . by a lot!

maumann likes this.
  12. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

PCLoadLetter likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted