1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Brooklyn Bridge

Brooklyn Bridge Well-Known Member

Why reducing medical debt on your credit scores is bad news for Dems.

2muchcoffeeman and garrow like this.
  2. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

3. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

4. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

5. maumann

maumann Well-Known Member

Even Edgar Bergen couldn't make this McCarthy puppet seem intelligent.

What a clown show. The Democrats need to savage him for kowtowing to a tiny fraction of his party just so he could fulfill whatever dumb-ass dreams he had of playing Speaker. He'll go down in history as the guy who couldn't even get a routine defense spending bill pushed through the House, let alone solve something as complex as funding the government.

I'm glad all those concessions he gave up just to get the gavel are biting him squarely in the ass. Couldn't happen to a more useless politician. And it's true: MAGA basically doesn't care if it blows up the country as long as the Orange Cheeto tells them to. Gaetz basically tweeted that today.

If you work for the federal government and you voted Republican, you just got exactly what you asked for. Enjoy the screw job.

wicked, UNCGrad, Driftwood and 5 others like this.
  6. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

Damn, you are old.

Also, anyone who doesn't think the whole shutdown charade is part of the long-running GOP plan to dismantle the government has been asleep for the past 40 years.

TigerVols, Fred siegle and maumann like this.
  7. Neutral Corner

He's gonna have to make a deal with the Dems. It's the only way to defang the lunatic twenty and take the pressure off of him.. If they do make a deal, it can't be just for not shutting down the government. He's got to go bipartisan till '24, everything passes, everything's vanilla. His contested seats will love him. The crazies will hate him but they won't be able to do anything much about it. If he won't go whole hog, no deal. If he wants the D's to protect him from a motion to vacate, he's got to give up the goods.

Still might be better to play hardball and let them twist in the wind. Let them vote the Speaker out and throw a tantrum with the economy. Seeya in '24.

8. Neutral Corner

If any of you are in the constituency of a solid D in Congress, shoot them an email and ask that they write a bill that mandates that Congressional salaries are shut off in any government funding shutdown. They just went home for the weekend. No urgency. Get 'em by the wallet and their hearts and minds will follow.

I'd love to see them try to oppose that.

garrow and HanSenSE like this.
  9. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

I’m sure there is an angle somewhere this story ignores, but at first blush I’m good with this.

https://whnt.com/news/alabama-news/...s-bill-to-end-congressional-budget-showdowns/

Fred siegle likes this.
  10. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

Make the grifters work. I like it.

11. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Um, yeah - the accounting department at the NYTs is going to have some questions...

garrow and Deskgrunt50 like this.
  12. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

I toyed with the idea of McCarthy hooking up with the Dems back when the 15 votes were taken. Who knows, maybe that conversation has already been had. Which might explain McCarthy showing a little nad against the clown caucus over last weekend. Let's get the stupid stuff out of the way and then McCarthy and Jeffries can horse trade to their hearts' content.

Letting the Republicans twist is BAD for the country. It will do incredible damage to our country and the economy that isn't worth the political benefit.

Draft saved Draft deleted