1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

Shelia Oliver (RIP) would have been perfect. I think Malinowski will get the temporary nod. He’s my former Congressman and I think he’s ridiculously impressive.

2. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Nice

Webster likes this.
  3. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

This isn’t exactly Menendez’s first prosecution. He ain’t resigning shit.

4. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

5. bumpy mcgee

bumpy mcgee Well-Known Member

I'm old enough to remember Evil Angels being mandatory viewing in 100-level journalism courses. Fuck Rupert Murdoch.

6. Brooklyn Bridge

Brooklyn Bridge Well-Known Member

7. franticscribe

franticscribe Well-Known Member

It's always a trip to me when a Twitter post from someone I know gets posted here (or other boards I lurk on), but when it's one of my former students, I swell with pride just a bit.

HanSenSE and garrow like this.
  8. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

It really bugs me when politicians think they "own" their seat and they can do with it what they wish. No, it's a lease, given out by the People, and if you fail to meet the minimal standards expected of the people, it should be revoked. Whether we are talking about Feinstein, Boebert, Menendez, Tuberville whomever.

It also speaks to the value of political parties - to hopefully have influence on a candidate. Imagine Musk being elected to the Senate.

Last edited: Sep 22, 2023
  9. Octave

Octave Well-Known Member

tough men wear makeup, and sometimes those men cry and say Sir.

10. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

11. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

My wife and I were discussing this because we both like Abby Phillip a lot from her election/Jan. 6 commentary onwards. But her talent seems wasted as a host. I know she’s relatively new to the gig and growing pains can be expected, but she seemed much more incisive as a commentator than simply as someone introducing segments and asking prepared questions. Her tone has never been incendiary, but it’s creeping towards downright monotone as a host. I like her much more as a panelist.

Liut and Slacker like this.
  12. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted