1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The 2023 Running Baseball Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by 2muchcoffeeman, Mar 30, 2023.

1. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

By next week, you mean today. Wells up, Baumann optioned.

2. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

Giants are done. There's no way they are going to suddenly not play like shit for the last 9/10 games. 5-26 on the road since August. This team is shit.

HanSenSE likes this.
  3. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

Yeah, how about that.

I don't quite understand why it's always Baumann who pays the price for singular bad performance, or even singular bad pitches. Everyone in that pen has had those outings.

Has he been a decision "leech"? Well, yeah. But the fact remains is that he had to have them in position to take the lead 10 times, or bridged the gap when a starter hasn't gone five.

Which is another thing. Those starters need to go longer, plain and simple. There's every possibility they'll be better in the seventh and eighth than anyone he's calling from the pen right now.

4. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Wells started when I went to see the Flying Squirrels when Bowie was in town. Looked decent that night. Hopefully he can provide a boost. Also should be noted that Baltimore hasn't had an off day since 9/8 and was coming off two hugely emotional series against the two teams they're most likely going to have to go through if they want to get to the World Series. So I'm not going to panic over one night in Cleveland.

5. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

Plus, they’ve been in this stretch without Bautista and then Mountcastle got hurt too. I expected bullpen troubles and the offense to get out of whack.

Still, I’d like to see them close this out PDQ.

I’ve got this bed-shitting fear, but I’m trying to not pay attention to little doubts.

6. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Sean Doolittle hanging them up.

7. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

Houston also has the two teams pursuing them, the Rangers and Mariners, playing each other seven times in the last 10 games, which always helps.

Seattle at Texas for three games starting tonight, then those teams finish the season with four games in the Pacific Northwest. At least one of them should be a wild card.

Last edited: Sep 22, 2023
    Neutral Corner likes this.
  8. jr/shotglass

Welp. That 4-day stint in Lehigh Valley must have provided the finishing touches.

9. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

On the occasion of his last game at the Coliseum, the A's gave Miguel Cabrera a $90 bottle of cabernet saugivon from Napa. Just what every recovering alcoholic should have.

dixiehack likes this.
  10. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Guardians again peeing into the Orioles' bowl of Cheerios. Reigning AL 2B Gold Glover Andres Gimenez with the biggest stream

11. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

Fuck.

Well, MN = 6. Thanks Toronto.

12. jr/shotglass

Team needs Monday's off-day SO bad.

Vombatus likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted