1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The 2023 Running Baseball Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by 2muchcoffeeman, Mar 30, 2023.

1. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

I've heard they couldn't turn on the lights on Sunday either.

2. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

That's right. I distinctly remember the second game of Sunday doubleheaders getting called for darkness early and late in the season. Puzzled the hell out of kid me.

3. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

Anyone want to see a future AL All-Star starter, get an eye on Grayson Rodriguez tonight. He is dealing.

Vombatus likes this.
  4. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

I had forgotten about this one. No longer.
    Trash organization.
    IMG_2113.png

5. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

6. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

... with an appearance from the May version of Tyler Wells.

7. tapintoamerica

The Washington National League Baseball Team LLC has won the season series from the Orioles in one of the past 16 years.
    #Natitude

8. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

While Trout played 119 games in 2022, its sad that we haven't really seen a full season (130+) from him since 2019.

9. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Orioles are going to win 100 games. Goddamn. First time since 1980. I'm confident because they haven't been swept by anyone since Rutschman came up and it ain't happening against the fucking BoSox at home.

FileNotFound and tapintoamerica like this.
  10. tapintoamerica

Certainly not if the Sox throw out the Double-A lineup they employed against the Rays tonight. They tried to mail it in but forgot the stamp.

11. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

Some bush-league stuff in Seattle tonight as the Astros and Mariners play an important series finale.

Houston up 4-3, M’s have a scoring opportunity end in the bottom of the sixth with Julio Rodriguez striking out (his third time in the game).

Astros reliever Hector Nerris celebrated by walking straight toward Julio and shouting in his face. A batting helmet and a whole lot of colorful Spanish words flew as the dugouts cleared, but thankfully no punches. Stakes are too high, with Houston a half-game ahead of Seattle for the final wild card spot.

EDIT: The incident apparently fired up Houston, as the Astros are teeing off on the M’s bullpen in the top of the seventh. Houston up 7-3 and counting.

12. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

40 games above .500. Wow.
    This isn’t Earl Weaver baseball either.
    Stealing bases. Bunting.
    Whatever it takes.

Draft saved Draft deleted