1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Yeah, little Cassidy had her kneepads on for the tiny toadstool

2. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Defectors from the other side are to be encouraged and accepted. Not fawned over, not liked or even trusted, but accepted. That way you might get more of them.

2muchcoffeeman likes this.
  3. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Provide proof or shut your piehole.

4. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

The fact that any of y'all still see and read his posts is bizarre to me.

sgreenwell and Regan MacNeil like this.
  5. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

In California your property taxes are based on the value of the purchase price of the property. Increases are capped and are not tied to the assessed value of the property at any given moment. So long as you don’t sell and do not make significant improvements, the taxes will never go up by very much. Exceptions are only if there is a voter-approved tax increase but, again, it’s based on purchase value plus whatever limited increases. So if you but a home for $500,000, you taxes will (rightly, dependent on where you bought your home) be 1 percent. So your $5,000 in taxes will only change by a limited amount year-over-year. So long as you don’t sell, even if your home doubles or triples in value, your assessed taxes can only increase by a small percentage. In other words, if your house was bought for 500k, doubles in value over 5 years, your taxes might only be for a house assessed for $550k.

It’s great for middle class home owners because you can book your mortgage payment for 30 years with minimal variation. It royally sucks for schools because funding is based on local tax values that will change very little in some places.

6. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

7. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

They're to be tolerated back in civilized society on a probationary basis. Keep your head down and your mouth shut. Other than that, you speak when you're spoken to, sweetie cakes.
    So you quit actively aiding and assisting the fascists, what do you want, a fuckin' cookie? You don't get to act all horrified and traumatized about the possible death of democracy when you were slurping the nutsack of the 400 pound pig who was doing it. Remember, Hutchinson was supposed to be the multitudes of Corey Lewandowski's fuck toys, and Corey Lewandoski is nothing more nor less
    than God Emperor Fatfuck himself minus 35 years, 150 pounds and a Sgt Carter buzz cut haircut.

8. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

CD Boogie likes this.
  9. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I remember when The West Wing talked about the "guns or butter" debate - the Rs were for defense, the Ds were for domestic spending, Rs were protectors, Ds nurturer etc. But other than blocking gun regulations, access to abortions and keeping taxes and spending in check, the Dems have had to take on much of the Republicans traditional politicies as a matter of necessity. And with the courts - at least for the next 20 years, there really isn't a need for the GOP to exist except for tax and spending cuts. (And they really aren't that good at that even, given how they always blow the deficit up when they do).

10. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

11. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

Somebody posted something to the effect of this reply earlier, but we need to welcome all repentants and have the grace to ease their landing from bailing out from the bad side. More of them will do so if we aren't goofing on them for their past transgressions.

OscarMadison and 2muchcoffeeman like this.
  12. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

You get a quasi-free one-time move within your county to keep your property taxes down. My parents moved into their house in 1976 (it previously was my mom's parents' house). They were there until 2013 but moved within the same county and their property tax rates stayed low at the new place. Next time I see them I'll ask my dad how that worked out. They've since moved out of California and now split their time between Colorado and Idaho.

Draft saved Draft deleted