1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The 2023 Running Baseball Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by 2muchcoffeeman, Mar 30, 2023.

1. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

I hope Schilling has to buy a ticket to Cooperstown for the rest of his life, but he's a first-ballot Douchebag Hall of Famer.

HanSenSE likes this.
  2. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

Yeah. Fuck Curt Schilling with a rusty chainsaw. Didn’t think it was possible for that scumbag to sink any lower.

HanSenSE and UPChip like this.
  3. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I was just reading about it. I hope Wakefield is well enough to kick Schilling's ass.

4. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

“This is not a message that Tim has shared and I don’t even know if he wants it shared.”

Yeah, asshole, so share it anyway.

HanSenSE likes this.
  5. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

Absolutely agree.

6. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

Unfucking real. Die in a fire, Schilling, you asshole.

7. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

I'd like to sincerely ask whether Schilling knows the ramifications of revealing someone's health concern publicly. From insurance company hell to God knows what else, it is not advisable.

But then that would assume Schilling knows anything beyond his own self-aggrandizement.

2muchcoffeeman likes this.
  8. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

No qualified hitter with a BA of .280 or higher.
    Nobody with 30 HR.
    Nobody with 100 RBI.
    Leader in wins has an ERA near 5.
    It’s easy to see why nobody thinks this team is the favorite to win the AL. It is an ensemble cast.
    And maybe the O’s do get beat in the ALDS. But they have achieved great things ahead of schedule — much to the consternation of Fox and ESPN and MLB HQ.
    Eduardo Perez, whom I like, told us a few weeks back that the Orioles’ success could be traced to the movement of the LF wall to Towson. The inconvenient truth for the National(s) media is that this team has a better record on the road than at home.

FileNotFound and Vombatus like this.
  9. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

Mountcastle back at 1B.

tapintoamerica likes this.
  10. CD Boogie

I’m a Sox fan, but I’ve always had a soft spot for the O’s because my great grandfather (Hall of Famer Ned Hanson) managed them in the 1890s and my sisters all live and work around Baltimore, I attended the 1993 All-Star Game, and two of my college roommates were from Charm City. I would never begrudge their success and I hope they go far this year, as far as possible.

My nephew bought tickets to Game Two of this year’s ALCS and asked if I wanted to go with him. I wish I could. No guarantee the O’s are even there, but my current health situation isn’t amenable to that kind of environment, which pains me to no end. Had to tell him, thanks, but can’t do.

dixiehack, maumann, Huggy and 2 others like this.
  11. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Your great grandfather is Ned Hanlon? Awesome. Any resume with the Pittsburgh Burghers and the Brooklyn Superbas is ok by me.

CD Boogie likes this.
  12. CD Boogie

Sat second row at his Cooperstown induction in 1996, when Earl Weaver was also inducted. A big Baltimore contingent. If you haven’t, I’d recommend reading “Where They Aint” about that 1890s team. Among his players were four future Hall of Famer managers: John McGraw, Wilbert Robinson, Hughie Jennings, and IIRC, Miller Huggins.

tapintoamerica likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted