1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

2. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

3. Neutral Corner

4. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

It's winner take all.

garrow and Deskgrunt50 like this.
  5. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

And lets not even talk about the operating costs. Obviously there is a need for violent offenders to be locked up, I'm not anti-prison - but people don't even think about what a tax drain the prison systems are in this country.

OscarMadison likes this.
  6. Brooklyn Bridge

Brooklyn Bridge Well-Known Member

CT is closing prisons saving millions in operating costs.

The decisions to close Northern and Radgowski saved the state around a combined $20 million in annual operating costs.

And guess what? Crime is actually down.

https://ctmirror.org/2023/01/25/ct-willard-prison-enfield-incarceration-rate/

OscarMadison likes this.
  7. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

Neutral Corner likes this.
  8. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

A truly ridiculous Uncle Tom performance.

Singing the songs his massahs wanna hear.

9. Neutral Corner

This is how you do it.

OscarMadison, matt_garth, MTM and 2 others like this.
  10. Neutral Corner

Under oath. I can't wait. Trial starts Monday. This is a civil case, not criminal. They can be subpoenaed and forced to testify. They can still take the Fifth, but in a civil trial in New York, the judge can hold that against them. Given that there's a $250m fine threatened, the pressure is really going to be on.

Sounds like a good time.

Last edited: Sep 28, 2023
    OscarMadison and 2muchcoffeeman like this.
  11. WriteThinking

WriteThinking Well-Known Member

The only thing I noticed after watching Ramaswamy all during the debate last night was how long his finger was. Seriously, I was consciously thinking that, and couldn't believe that's what I was noticing. But none of these guys are working for me, so...

The best, again, was Chris Christie, who had both the best and worst thoughts/lines of the night, calling out Donald Trump for not being there because he's actually afraid to be put on the spot (a position I agree with) but then also making the reference to Biden sleeping with a teachers' union leader, a distasteful and unnecessary shot at the wrong person. Everybody in these debates should be taking aim at Trump, bringing up every single thing he did wrong and every single thing that could or should keep him from being voted into the office of President again.

People apparently need to have it spelled out for them, and any would-be Republican hopefuls should be doing it at every opportunity.

12. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

Christie was leading Republicans in chants of “lock her up” at the 2016 convention. There’s nothing as distasteful as that.

Woody Long likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted