1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The TV thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Versatile, Mar 28, 2013.

1. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

*sequel

2. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

Of course but it detracted from the main story. Like now you had your veggies and let’s have dessert.

3. Lt.Drebin

Lt.Drebin Active Member

You can’t really get the whole original cast back together, because they can’t really be working at a paper company in 2023; they joked about how antiquated of a company it was a decade ago. So how would they all end up at the same company these days? Seemed like they milked every possible story line in the original series, and tied up every loose end possible in the series finale…

OscarMadison likes this.
  4. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

Loved the show. Writing was like nothing I’d ever come across as a kid. Also did interesting stuff like the black and white episode and the Shakespeare episode.

First two seasons are just excellent. Script/production issues and the fact Willis and Shepherd hating each other didn’t help.

It limped to the finish but still had its moments the last couple of years.

I’m sure some of it will be dated. It was very 80s. But looking forward to watching for the first time in a long, long while.

Last edited: Sep 27, 2023
    OscarMadison and garrow like this.
  5. JimmyHoward33

JimmyHoward33 Well-Known Member

If they want to “reboot” the office as a workplace comedy shot in a mockumentary style updated for 2023, I’m all in. If its the same “universe” and there are occasional inside jokes or references to catch, neat.

If its the same characters at the same desks, not good.

If its reboot in the way you could say Step by Step was a Brady Bunch reboot it’ll work. If its The Connors itll be terrible

jr/shotglass likes this.
  6. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

The Conners has already gotten 5 seasons and probably will get a 6th. Sorry if you're offended they decided to move on without Roseanne's crazy ass.

7. OscarMadison

OscarMadison Well-Known Member

Martin McDonagh has a series? Guh...

Guardedly optimistic. You'd think moving ahead with James Spader would have made The Office idiot-proof. Nope. Also, we need new stuff, not reboots. Who is this for?

8. JimmyHoward33

JimmyHoward33 Well-Known Member

Getting renewed on a network doesnt mean good…..

(the season with Roseanne wasnt good either)

OscarMadison likes this.
  9. WriteThinking

WriteThinking Well-Known Member

I could see the series moving on without Roseanne -- it has obviously found a way to do that, as shown by the fact that Dan has married a second wife. But count me as someone who's really surprised "The Conners" has lasted so long. In my opinion, "The Conners" is just not as good a show as "Roseanne" was, even though it has garnered some TV awards recognition in its own right.

10. Small Town Guy

Small Town Guy Well-Known Member

Sadly no on McDonagh! Banshee the old Cinemax series, about the greatest thief in the world who ends up a county sheriff after stealing the dead sheriff's identity. Great show, but no McDonagh bleakness and dialogue.

OscarMadison likes this.
  11. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Just discovered "Peyton's Places" on ESPN+. To see Staubach throw again is cool (well not so much as a 49er fan) and Peyton's got a nice sense of humor.

OscarMadison, garrow and Tighthead like this.
  12. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

Home Economics was canceled. No one’s idea of a groundbreaking show, but a low stakes enjoyable watch with a likable cast.

sgreenwell, garrow and MTM like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted