1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Tool parade

2. WriteThinking

WriteThinking Well-Known Member

So, Trump is saying to indict himself, right?...and he doesn't even realize it. Everything that comes out of his mouth is either stupid, or dangerous, or both.

I Should Coco and 2muchcoffeeman like this.
  3. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

Twice this week around here, there were incidents where folks were trying to go the suicide by cop route. In one, a guy started swinging a sword at a bunch of cops. He hurt a few. They ended up Tasing him instead of putting 100 bullets into him, which would’ve been warranted. In another, a guy pulled up to a cruiser at 4 a.m. and started waiving around what appeared to be a black handgun. Cop tells him a ton of times to drop it. Another cop happens to be driving by and pulls up to the scene. He also tells guy to drop gun. Guy won’t. They open fire on him. He’s currently in the hospital.

My point is, 40 years ago these guys would’ve been in a state institution — for better or worse. They wouldn’t have been roaming the streets. They would’ve been wearing straight jackets and having Nurse Ratchet hand out the meds.

I’m more and more thinking this is a mental health issue. These Trumpistas are clearly not all there. They don’t accept reality. The worst of the gang would’ve been in state hospitals a couple decades ago. Now they’re on TV every 30 seconds spouting their bullshit. Mike Flynn is just one example. The MyPillow guy is another. Rudy would’ve been shoved in a nursing home somewhere 10 years ago.

We’re way more tolerant of eccentrics now. I’m not saying that’s a bad thing. But with that come the Booberts and MTGs and Giulianis of the world who are getting way more attention tban they should.

4. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

I think he’s trying to get one or more of the judges to sanction him because it plays into his victimhood. Or he’s feeling the pressure.

5. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

The GOP politician quoted in that column as a paragon of misogyny is...Nikki Haley.

6. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

It's adorable that Alma thinks a woman can't be misogynist.

7. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

There absolutely will be a shutdown - just because Gaetz wants one. It may not last long, but he wants to humiliate McCarthy, then show what a swell guy he is and "save America" from himself and the other jackasses in his cadre and relent.

2muchcoffeeman likes this.
  8. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

All the MAGAs who clutched pearls over Taylor Seift dropping an F-bomb while watching football are perfectly OK with that language from a POTUS.

OscarMadison and matt_garth like this.
  9. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

You vote Democrat right? You should know from self loathing.

10. maumann

maumann Well-Known Member

The GOP House is in full vendetta mode. There's no actual governing. It's all about getting back at perceived disrespect.

It's not business. It's personal.

Trump got impeached twice? Well, might as well try to impeach Biden for Kabuki theater.

Marge got removed from her committees last session? Well, let's go after the DOJ, FBI and DOD with meaningless amendments to bills that have no chance of passing.

Gaetz has had it out for McCarthy for quite some time -- and nobody really knows why -- so getting even with the Speaker by shutting down the government sounds like retaliation, Republican-style. Never mind what it does to the country.

It's just a Trump lite clown show, to be honest. They don't actually have a plan, so attacking each other is the only alternative.

11. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

I do vote Democrat 90% of the time.

I reject the premise of the column as it relates to Nikki Haley.

12. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Banging the drum louder and louder ...

Draft saved Draft deleted