1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The 2023 Running Baseball Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by 2muchcoffeeman, Mar 30, 2023.

1. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Miami? Minnesota? Arizona?

2. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Three teams that have never been in my kitchen!

TigerVols and jr/shotglass like this.
  3. Matt1735

Matt1735 Well-Known Member

Would you prefer Cubs, Yankees, Red Sox .... yet again?

FileNotFound likes this.
  4. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

5. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Marlins set record for worst run differential by a playoff team at -56. Previous record was -42 by the 2005 Padres, who went 82-80.

Last edited: Oct 2, 2023
  6. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

is there a decimal missing here?

7. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

Want dinner with Cal Ripken Jr., a meet and greet and an autographed ball — and a trip to San Bernardino County? It will only cost you $500.

I could see that price for a SoCal legend but wouldn’t think Cal moves the needle much in the LA market.

Join us for an exclusive dinner with Baseball Legend Cal Ripken, Jr. at Yaamava' Theater. Guests will get to meet the legend himself and pose for a professional photo, enjoy an interview with live Q&A, and take home an autographed baseball. Dinner will be a specially curated 4 course meal prepared by Yaamava’s award winning culinary team.

8. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Corrected. Thanks.

9. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

This is pretty impressive although with interleague play you've seen pretty much all the teams and pitchers.

10. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Tomorrow is the 72nd anniversary of the greatest single moment in MLB history.

Echoing Green Newsreels Radio calls — Joshua Prager

Still incredibly coincidental, uncanny or unusual that Brooklyn pitcher Clem Labine threw shutouts sandwiching two of the top games MLB history, in Game 2 of the 1951 NL playoffs and in Game 6 of the 1956 World Series.

HanSenSE and maumann like this.
  11. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

I've felt that Arraez has had a remarkable, and far-too-overlooked, two-year run. I guess chicks really do dig the long ball.

12. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

Of course

Draft saved Draft deleted