1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL Survival League

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Vombatus, Sep 10, 2020.

1. Matt1735

Matt1735 Well-Known Member

Right there with you.

2. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

Dallas did me.

3. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Dallas took me out in my last outside entry. Made it to the Final Four here with the Chiefs. And it isn't even October.

Almost feel bad for the announcers who have to cover the Denver-Chicago game next week.

4. FileNotFound

FileNotFound Well-Known Member

Forgot to pick, which is on-brand. I cost myself a spot in my fantasy baseball league playoffs a few weeks ago by forgetting to put a starting pitcher into my lineup. I’d blame the Australian time zone, but I’m really just not paying attention.

5. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

something, something .....I'm in Austrailia!!!!! (you win).

FileNotFound and Matt1735 like this.
  6. Vombatus

Only the KC pickers advanced.

swiftees screwed us.

7. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Damn only 3 left; I feel for the DAL pickers because I almost went there or JAX v. Hou (JAX, you're supposed to be a playoff team and up against a rookie QB AT HOME!!!)

8. Vombatus

Well, the good news is I can divert more attention to the O’s.

And I don’t think I’ll ever be able to watch a KC game again. That got old fast.

9. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

Crazy how fast we go out in this group. Most years it seems the majority are out in the first few weeks, like this year.

I was team KC. Let's see how long I can ride it.

10. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

The three of us remaining all had the 49ers this week.

Myself (Hammers) and QTLAW have had the same pick each week -- Bal, Buff, KC, SF. Missing Suzie Kolber has had the same pick three of the four. The only difference was Dallas in week 2.

11. Vombatus

I wish the game could go on for the defeated folks.

I would enjoy a “Lock of the Week” game, picking no teams twice, with two types of winners - 1) last standing (survivor) and 2) best season W-L lock of the week standings.

That way everyone could keep picking and have fun throughout the season.

MTM likes this.
  12. Vombatus

I guess we could do it ourselves next year. Just need to run a spreadsheet since we have so few entrants.

Draft saved Draft deleted