1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Woodward did that, too. Lots of journalists who write books do that.

You won't find me defending the practice; the NYT should have the guts to say "no books." But it's not unique to her.

2. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

3. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Deranged TV clown gobbles food peddled by TV clown

4. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

We just play Overton Window games when we use the word "nonserious" to describe Peter Baker.

5. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Come on, Alma. Which party tried to use default at a political leverage point? Which party just tried to use a government shutdown as a leverage point? (For that matter, which is the ONLY party to use a shutdown as a leverage point?). Which party has a faction trying to prevent aid to Ukraine? We have a two-party system in the sense there's a party of decent people, and party of hateful fascists who need to be put down one way or the other.

6. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

7. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

I think that’s a perfectly fine opinion to hold.

the idea that the NYT journalists aren’t serious unless they regard the GOP, in every story, as fascists, is debatable.

8. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Neutral Corner and Matt1735 like this.
  9. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

If it’s 100% the fault of one side, then yes, tell it like it is. If it’s 90-10, tell it like it’s 90-10, not
    50-50 or a timid 51-49.

Neutral Corner and dixiehack like this.
  10. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

I have never understood why newspapers allow their reporters to write books. The info results from access created by the paper.

Liut likes this.
  11. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Except they came down on Karen Crouse for her book on Michael Phelps. So I guess there are different rules for sports and different rules for the superstars.

https://www.thewrap.com/new-york-ti...ced her resignation,on the swimmer last month.

2muchcoffeeman likes this.
  12. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

How about occasionally? Or even once? They won’t even use the word lie when it comes to Republicans.

Neutral Corner likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted