1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The 2023 Running Baseball Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by 2muchcoffeeman, Mar 30, 2023.

1. UPChip

UPChip Well-Known Member

Any evaluation of Kirk's second stint in broadcasting probably should be moderated by the fact that he has Parkinson's. The first time around, his approach was so meathead-ish that I often joked that he seemed like he was bullying Josh Lewin around between innings. Once led off the Palmer-Parque fight at Comiskey by shouting, "Get it outta yer system, boys!" But after spending a few years in the manager's chair, he actually offered useful insights on analytical concepts that he'd learned with the D'Backs.

I can't remember what the folks who knew him (or for that matter when he was managing) thought about sharing the clubhouse with him, but Morris was generally perceived to be the biggest asshole of the Detroit bunch for the most part.

2. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

If anybody can explain why I can't get the Rangers-Rays game on Dish Network, please advise.

3. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

If the Twins are healthy, they will be tough.

4. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

It's on ABC. Is Dish fighting with the local affiliate? That's probably why.

5. Della9250

Whatever the issue was it got fixed but it was just a black screen for awhile

6. Della9250

7. BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo

BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo Well-Known Member

The Yankees aren't in the playoffs but Brian Cashman's abject incompetence is on display anyway as Jordan Montgomery dominates the Rays.

8. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

Glasnow had way too many walks - five.

9. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

The four errors didn’t help either.

Vombatus likes this.
  10. Vombatus

That’s lots of extra outs. Sheesh.

Maybe Brooks is a ghost and operating a voodoo doll.

11. Vombatus

PBS American Experience is going to have a show called The War On Disco on October 30th.

We all know how part of this ends, and yep, that’s included.

12. UPChip

UPChip Well-Known Member

"Last Dance" by Donna Summer?

I Should Coco and Vombatus like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted