1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The 2023 Running Baseball Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by 2muchcoffeeman, Mar 30, 2023.

1. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Even if the Rangers are the opposition? Wow. Goes head to head with Texas-Oklahoma. So much for MLB getting a top-10 market for that one.

2. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

I haven't watched a ton of Blue Jays games this year, but in each one I'm pretty sure I saw Bo Bichette get thrown out at the plate -- including in yesterday's game against the Twins. I wonder if anyone has ever kept track of who was thrown out at the plate the most times in a season/career.

3. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Playoff baseball is worth every penny. Baseball in general is almost always worth every penny.

Billy Joel/Stevie Nicks, at this stage of their careers, are not worthy of every penny unless concerts tix were $10, which I'm guessing, is about 5% of what tix actually were.

2muchcoffeeman and Chef2 like this.
  4. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

At least it's an improvement over having nine innings decide your season after 162 games

5. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

I don't mind that. You back your way into the playoffs ... bring your best for 9 innings if you want to move on.

6. BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo

BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo Well-Known Member

Fuck off Bubbs I challenge you to a duel at the restaurant Billy Joel was singing about in Scenes From An Italian Restaurant!!!! (I'll DM you the address)

2muchcoffeeman and Chef2 like this.
  7. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

I'll throw you a bone and offer up something positive about Billy Joel ... they seem to be playing "Honesty" on satellite radio more often. That song seemed to disappear off the face of the Earth for 25 years. Good song, truly.

As for Nicks? Would it be in poor taste during a quiet lull between songs to shout, "Where's Lindsey Buckingham?"

8. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Or Scenes from Pickles Pub

Chef2 likes this.
  9. BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo

Honestly, "Honesty" should have stayed disappeared. That song suuuucks. Billy once said someone in the band (the drummer Liberty DiVito maybe?) would sing "Sodomy" in place of "Honesty" and frankly that's much better.

As for Stevie, she's surely weird and fucked up but I can't think of a solo song of hers I don't like. I'd definitely enjoy a Billy/Stevie show, especially if I got to see it after fighting you. :D

10. bumpy mcgee

bumpy mcgee Well-Known Member

Superior Cusack says Stevie is worth it live

11. BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo

Scenes from the Holiday Inn where my buddy was doing standup as we ate burgers

Cosmo likes this.
  12. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

“……And I’m Casey Kasem…….with this trip back to the good old days……of SJ!……”

Draft saved Draft deleted